Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Said to be real, your help is appreciated!

Article about: Hello, my very first post here, please let me know if im doing anything wrong here (wrong section or so) and i will correct it as soon as i can! First of all, i just recently started collect

?

Default Said to be real, your help is appreciated!

Hello, my very first post here, please let me know if im doing anything wrong here (wrong section or so) and i will correct it as soon as i can!

First of all, i just recently started collecting various items from WW2, German things mainly. Slowly slowly i learn what to look for, and what to avoid, but it is difficult! I will probably ask a million questions when im here, but from what i´ve seen there seem to be a lot of knowledge here, so i hope to learn more!

Anyway, here´s what the post is about, this is not mine, just helping a fella to maybe confirm if this is a genuine helmet or a reproduction. I post the pictures i got from him, hopefully they are enough to tell. He was told it was real, he got it out of a house clearing (gramma?) besides that he has no info. Personally i think it looks great, but maybe too good? And only based on my visual memory, i dont think i have ever seen the runes placed on the left side, and the markings i think should be both letters and numbers, at least all RZM i have seen has been that way. But again, i dont have a lot of knowledge so i thought i post it here and get your opinion!

Said to be real, your help is appreciated!Said to be real, your help is appreciated!Said to be real, your help is appreciated!Said to be real, your help is appreciated!Said to be real, your help is appreciated!Said to be real, your help is appreciated!Said to be real, your help is appreciated!Said to be real, your help is appreciated!Said to be real, your help is appreciated!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Said to be real, your help is appreciated!
    P
    Many

Default Re: Said to be real, your help is appreciated!

Sorry not a good helmet.
    the decals are fake .
    post-war paint
    chris

Sorry even me as a helmet novice can tell this is bad, the decals are on the wrong sides for a start and the liner pins are a different colour to the shell, a frankenstein helmet!..

Like what everyone else said a fake, that swastika doesnt even look uniform.

?

Please check out the SS decal threads in the Helmet section you will quickly see that these two decals are real howlers , the runic decal is awful.
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Thanks guys, well i thought the decals looked a bit wierd, and the one thing o reacted to first was the runes beeing on the wrong side, Will tell him to check the thread out himself! Thank you!

Terrible fake.

?

new paint...new decals

To quote Doug, "...it should look correct within the first 5 seconds"

?

Yeah i told him and gave him a link to this thread, apparently he found a buyer on it... Well, even though it´s not mine i still appreciate your input! I´ve been reading here a while before i registred, i can honestly say i almost became one of Snyders victims, but i looked around a bit and it seems that i should stay away from him

I hope it´s ok to put up threads like this, asking about different things? I am looking around to see if there is a "big thread about newbies neverending questions" but it´s a very big forum and i get stuck all the time in different threads

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast