Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Salty M35 for opinions please.

Article about: I have been offered this lid and would like to have it checked out before parting with \\$\\$'s. It is relatively cheap, but the outside is a little crusty, and the decals almost gone. Inside is

?

Default Salty M35 for opinions please.

I have been offered this lid and would like to have it checked out before parting with $$'s. It is relatively cheap, but the outside is a little crusty, and the decals almost gone. Inside is a lot better, but is it too good?? Opinions welcome.
    Salty M35 for opinions please.Salty M35 for opinions please.Salty M35 for opinions please.Salty M35 for opinions please.Salty M35 for opinions please.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Salty M35 for opinions please.
    P
    Many

I don't like it but lets see what others say
    Best Regards Matt

On the look out for original ww2 M26 Adrian helmet liner.

Hi ,looks like an original M35 relic that has had a replacement liner and chinstrap added. I cannot see any way the liner would be in that good of a condition compared to the steel if it were original to the helmet. Leon.

I agree with Leon!...

?

Thanks guys. Leon, by replacement liner & chinstrap do you mean repro or genuine ones from another lid?

It all comes down to what cheap is. The liner looks to be an original I am not sure about the chinstrap I have my doubts about it. IF the price is good it may be worth it for the liner.
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

If the liner is as dry as parchment ( it looks that way ) it could have been a nice helmet that has spent many many decades in a damp but hot environment ( like a shed roof cavity )
    A repro chinstrap for sure but sharper pix of the liner are needed for me to say yea or nay.

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

At $75 I think I will chance it and post better pics when I have it in hand. Thanks for all the help and advice on this, we will know for sure next week.