Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Sand Camo M40

Article about: Let me begin by saying, I KNOW the pictures are not the best. They were not taken by me. I had to enlarge the pics the seller sent me because they were minute. In any event, I think this mig

Default Re: Sand Camo M40

He wrote it is a substitute. Whatever that means. Could mean 10 different things. But you are correct, it was added by him. He does not expressly say that in the description

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sand Camo M40
    P
    Many

Ah, I must have been distracted as I didn't notice that he had mentioned it at all.

Lovely stalhelm there mate!!! I love Afrika painted helmets and especialy if they are of the LW!! May i ask (and i think it will sound stupid but i will anyway) is it a wise thing to try and clear the eagle? I mean, remove the camo localy just to make the eagle more visible! Is it possible to do or it may destroy the decal? Or is it better to let it as it is?

Thanks but I did not get this helmet. And no, you never want to remove good period paint from a helmet to reveal a decal. Always, always leave it as is. If you remove it and go decal digging. Doing that severely lowers the helmets value and makes it undesirable to collectors.

Agreed, never ever try and get a decal out from original camo. Results are invariably crap and obvious.

Agree.
    chris

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4