Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sand Camo M40

Article about: Let me begin by saying, I KNOW the pictures are not the best. They were not taken by me. I had to enlarge the pics the seller sent me because they were minute. In any event, I think this mig

Default Sand Camo M40

Let me begin by saying, I KNOW the pictures are not the best. They were not taken by me. I had to enlarge the pics the seller sent me because they were minute. In any event, I think this might actually have a chance at being a good sand camo. Happy to hear opinions.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sand Camo M40   Sand Camo M40  

Sand Camo M40   Sand Camo M40  

Sand Camo M40   Sand Camo M40  

Sand Camo M40  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sand Camo M40
    P
    Many

Default Re: Sand Camo M40

This looks like it has potential mate I agree, very interested to see if you get any more pics. Is this one a local find?

Not as close as I would like, but it might be worth the trouble. I don't see any signs of foul play or intentional tool marks and aging. The liner looks commensurate with the shell. The strap may not be period

Quote by helmetone View Post
    The strap may not be period
    I agree there is reasonable chance the strap is post war Good luck with it, I'd be keen to get a closer look as I don't really see any red flags either. Dare I say a slight warm and fuzzy is developing. I hope it's not a non collector that has done 20 minutes research and wants $10k for it

?

It is certainly worth a closer inspection.
    I am not seeing any obvious problems either.

Brad.

Thanks Brad. I agree. Nothing screaming messed with on this one. I am planning to meet with the seller Monday or Tuesday as his weekend is booked solid and so is mine.

Got to agree, looks like it could be a good pickup from these pics. Nice shade and ware

Jason

I also do not see any red flags.
    That could be a nice pick-up.
    I like your new avatar.
    I do not think it is a sand camo but a DAK helmet
    chris

?

Looks the part. Ditch the ersatz strap however and check liner pins.

Thanks Chris. Not sure why on earth I listed it as a sand Camo. I was running around doing a hundred things this afternoon, guess I made the error in the midst of it.

You betcha Doug. That strap doesn't do anything for it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed on this one. Skeptically optimistic on anything painted tan, can't wait to see it in hand!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast