MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Schuma dutch helmets and decals

Article about: As I think it's a very rare helmets with the decals like that. No any known examples are in the hands of collectors and no any " vet bring-backs" available due of use only in Belor

?

Default Schuma dutch helmets and decals

As I think it's a very rare helmets with the decals like that. No any known examples are in the hands of collectors and no any " vet bring-backs" available due of use only in Belorussia and Estonia. The Estonian found originals found in the positions of Estnische Grezschuetz Regiment, the first example on the picture is Belorus. Another not dug example found in one of the Estonian theaters in the beginning of 90's
    Unfortunately I can't find dug up helmets from Estonia, but the decals and the model of the helmet is the same- Dutch
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Schuma dutch helmets and decals   Schuma dutch helmets and decals  

Schuma dutch helmets and decals   Schuma dutch helmets and decals  

Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Schuma dutch helmets and decals
    P
    Many

Kraftfahrer Bob
    ?

Default re: Schuma dutch helmets and decals

Quote by Dimas View Post
    As I think it's a very rare helmets with the decals like that. No any known examples are in the hands of collectors and no any " vet bring-backs" available due of use only in Belorussia and Estonia. The Estonian found originals found in the positions of Estnische Grezschuetz Regiment, the first example on the picture is Belorus. Another not dug example found in one of the Estonian theaters in the beginning of 90's
    Unfortunately I can't find dug up helmets from Estonia, but the decals and the model of the helmet is the same- Dutch
    Hi Dimas . I AM DUTCH ! Have 2 of those helmets . First one have the bronze decal on front of the helmet . That's the Dutch Lion . The second one has the frontdecal removed . That was done by the veteran that has worn the helmet himself . This veteran who gives me the helmet says most Dutch soldiers removed the decal in May 1940 becouse it was proven that ricochet bullets and granade schrapnel will dug in those decals and go chanched there direction INSIDE in place of ricochet back OF the helmet . In the case of those helmets in Estonia , do you know the Germans used those Dutch helmets for protection of the Dutch N.S.K.K. truckdrivers who droves there vehicles to Russia for the German Wehrmacht ? of course they had NO DUTCH ARMY LIONS DECALS on there helmets ! Bob.

?

This kind of helmet used in many armies of the world, there also romanian helmet made in Holland, but just with other type of front plate.
    Shuma helmets and the other Dutch helmets was re-issued by Germans in war time. I heard about the frontplate, why that was removed- interesting story
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

The Estonian found helmets
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Schuma dutch helmets and decals   Schuma dutch helmets and decals  

Regards,
    Dimas

Awesome unusual helmets ,i like the ground dug ones Dimas , still in good condition considering , cheers Raymond

?

And more of the pictures

Regards,
    Dimas

Kraftfahrer Bob
    ?

Thanks Dimas . It was the first time i have seen "our" Dutch helmets with Nazi-German decals . "BeuteStahlhelm" ! ! I'ts possible you find also the Dutch rifles on that spot . Our rifle was called : "Hembrug-karabijn" or "Hembrug-geweer" Original rifles from Austrian "Steyr-werke" The Romanians accept the rifle in 1893 , and the Dutch in 1895 . First rifles of the Dutch came from Steyr , later they where made under license in the Dutch by Hembrug Arsenal . After occupation of Netherland by Germany the Germans shortened most captured rifles to carbines to arm Vehicledrivers of the Dutch N.S.K.K. "Beutewaffen" Also used for other purposes by second line units . Maybe you have some examples of them , OR HAVE SEEN , OR pictures of them ? The cartridges of them have a rim . and the caliber is 6.5 m.m. the cases are 54 m.m. long , the bullets are long cilindrical with round nose . Bob.

?

Quote by Kraftfahrer Bob View Post
    Thanks Dimas . It was the first time i have seen "our" Dutch helmets with Nazi-German decals . "BeuteStahlhelm" ! ! I'ts possible you find also the Dutch rifles on that spot . Our rifle was called : "Hembrug-karabijn" or "Hembrug-geweer" Original rifles from Austrian "Steyr-werke" The Romanians accept the rifle in 1893 , and the Dutch in 1895 . First rifles of the Dutch came from Steyr , later they where made under license in the Dutch by Hembrug Arsenal . After occupation of Netherland by Germany the Germans shortened most captured rifles to carbines to arm Vehicledrivers of the Dutch N.S.K.K. "Beutewaffen" Also used for other purposes by second line units . Maybe you have some examples of them , OR HAVE SEEN , OR pictures of them ? The cartridges of them have a rim . and the caliber is 6.5 m.m. the cases are 54 m.m. long , the bullets are long cilindrical with round nose . Bob.
    They was Manlicher with markings Hembrug 1917
    was issued to the same unit, as shown helmets. And for training of Estonian 33 SS Gren u Ausb Rgt.
    I have some pictures somewhere with ammo in special big cooper clips found together
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

The pictures from my friend from Russia, they were found in the Russian side of the Narva river

Regards,
    Dimas

Kraftfahrer Bob
    ?

Yea , the 3 small holders in the middle with 5 cartidges on the left picture looks like Steyr/Manlicher M. 93/95 . The holders are loaded in the rifles with the cartridges . After the last shot they falling down on earth out of the hole in the bottom of the rifle . Bob .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast