Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Schutzpolizei

Article about: I got the opportunity to buy this shutzpolizei helmet , dont know if the pictures are good enough , took them in a hurry but will get to spend more time with it before decision and look for

?

Default Schutzpolizei

SchutzpolizeiSchutzpolizeiSchutzpolizei
    SchutzpolizeiSchutzpolizei
    Schutzpolizei

I got the opportunity to buy this shutzpolizei helmet , dont know if the pictures are good enough , took them in a hurry but will get to spend more time with it before decision and look for more markings, only found that in the last pic but did not have much time today. Very small size i noticed though. Was there a youth section among SP or did they have smaller heads then in general?

Thank you
    Fred

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Schutzpolizei
    P
    Many

The helmet is fine. The size only means that the Policeman had a small head.

Agree nice original fire police. timothy

looks good.

Hi, no problems with this one, as the fella's have said, just a chap with a small head. Leon.

Looks good to me also. I have a size 60 helmet and I can't even put it on my head without the liner!

?

So i ended up buying this one. But there has recently been discussions among my friends about the usage of this type, the "salt&pepper" light weight helmet. I say it´s a civilian volunteers helmet, people joining a police guarde to help keeping the order on party meetings and such. A friend of mine is certain this was used by SS police, that would be under Allgemeine jurisdiction. Isn´t it true that the latter were using the grey steelhelmet as likely to be in combat more then these aluminium ones? The helmet is pictured in Hicks book SS Steel though, but i find it difficult to find accurate information of it´s use.

Thanks

Fred

?

Your both incorrect about the Polizei structure and purpose. I'd recommend reading The Order of the Deaths Head among many other books.

?

Thanks Doug, i have read about the different structures, at least some of it in Der SS Staat, and in other books. I cant say i fully get it though (apparently), but i got an idea how it looked like, but cant say i found a lot about SP. What im looking for here is more who was wearing this type of helmet, (like SD or RSHA) since most pictures of schutzpolizei shows the grey steel helmet version i figured this was a volunteers helmet.

I will check out that book also, and will try to find someone written in swedish also, my english isnt what it was anymore. Thanks for the tip!

These black lightweight ones were worn by the Feuerschutzpolizei, not the Schutzpolizei--- so this would be a fireman/fire protection policeman's helmet. I've got one too. Do a google search for "Schutzpolizei helmet" vs. one for "Feuerschutzpolizei helmet" and you'll see the difference.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast