Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SD Heer DAK helmet

Article about: Hello Gent's, i could use some help on this helmet. i'm not a helmet guy so i dont know a great deal about them. it gives me that warm fuzzy feeling, but i know how they fake decals. i belie

?

Default SD Heer DAK helmet

Hello Gent's,
    i could use some help on this helmet. i'm not a helmet guy so i dont know a great deal about them. it gives me that warm fuzzy feeling, but i know how they fake decals. i believe the paint is original, and it does go over the edges of the decal, so i'm assuming the decal is good too? thats a big assumption i know. the liner is rather dark, but its not the red ones i have seen as replacements. it looks seriously perspired in. but i'll leave the judging to the guys that know their stuff. a local guy called me to come look at it. i took a few pictures, that i see now are not so hot. but what ever you can tell me would be great. i had a very hard time finding markings on the skirt. the one pic shows what looks to be either ET or EF something.
    thank you andrew
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SD Heer DAK helmet   SD Heer DAK helmet  

SD Heer DAK helmet   SD Heer DAK helmet  

SD Heer DAK helmet   SD Heer DAK helmet  

SD Heer DAK helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SD Heer DAK helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: SD Heer DAK helmet

Quote by Andrew View Post
    Hello Gent's,
    i could use some help on this helmet. i'm not a helmet guy so i dont know a great deal about them. it gives me that warm fuzzy feeling, but i know how they fake decals. i believe the paint is original, and it does go over the edges of the decal, so i'm assuming the decal is good too? thats a big assumption i know. the liner is rather dark, but its not the red ones i have seen as replacements. it looks seriously perspired in. but i'll leave the judging to the guys that know their stuff. a local guy called me to come look at it. i took a few pictures, that i see now are not so hot. but what ever you can tell me would be great. i had a very hard time finding markings on the skirt. the one pic shows what looks to be either ET or EF something.
    thank you andrew
    Hi, in my opinion, original maybe the liner.
    I dont like the decals and i also have the impression that the paint was done recently.

?

the owner has had the helmet since the 50's. it has not been played with since then. the paint looks old in hand. i know there are a number of different heer decals. i tried looking to compare untill my eyes went fuzzy.
    andrew

Quote by Andrew View Post
    the owner has had the helmet since the 50's. it has not been played with since then. the paint looks old in hand. i know there are a number of different heer decals. i tried looking to compare untill my eyes went fuzzy.
    andrew
    Ok, it was just my opinion.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

?

I would say this has been repainted post war and that the decal is a reproduction, as for the liner, it could be a restored Norwegian one, the decal has no discerning age to it that i can see, no toning, no marks except the obvious gouge, but i would like to see other comments on this

?

As a matter of interest, did you see what kind of leather liner pins were being used, i cant see the normal aluminium but i think i see small brass headed one and that would confirm a Norwegian liner

?

Complete fake top to bottom. There are lots of Heer decals including lots and lots of fakes. Like this one.

Quote by DougB View Post
    Complete fake top to bottom. There are lots of Heer decals including lots and lots of fakes. Like this one.
    Ditto, Jim G.

Decal and paint job are both crap. The liner looks Norwegian to me. I wouldn't pay more than $100 for the value of the shell.

Decal looks very new, and the paint wear odd. It seems the liner
    has been treated with something.

'Too many red flags', as the saying goes...............!
    ( I couldn't help it, Andrew, lol ! )
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast