Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SD Heer HKP62 for opinions please.

Article about: I have been offered this vet bring back. It shell & liner look legit to me, and I am guessing the decal is Heer that has just aged golden rather than it being KM. Missing the chinstrap a

?

Default SD Heer HKP62 for opinions please.

I have been offered this vet bring back. It shell & liner look legit to me, and I am guessing the decal is Heer that has just aged golden rather than it being KM. Sorry the pics are not the best! Missing the chinstrap and has lot number 904 on the rear, which I think places it around early-mid '43. Paint looks OK, although I was expecting more texture on an SE (HKP) lid. Liner looks un-messed with. Bappcher seems a pretty odd name. As usual, any help appreciated.
    SD Heer HKP62 for opinions please.SD Heer HKP62 for opinions please.SD Heer HKP62 for opinions please.SD Heer HKP62 for opinions please.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SD Heer HKP62 for opinions please.
    P
    Many

Hi Al,

Are you sure the lot number is 904? For an Hkp helmet I believe they would start in the 1,000 numbers.
    Most M42 Kriegsmarine would be EF - I think you're right on it being Heer. It's difficult from the pictures to determine much about the decal though.
    Nick

Is it me, or does the overall look of the helmet appear to be a little "beaten up" but the decal "appears" to be pristine?...... Another vet bring back LOL There must have been more bring backs than there ever were German helmets

I would want pictures that are in focus 800x600 minimum and decal paint liner etc before I would part with one penny .....
    Part of something I wrote many years ago called Caveat Emptor .....

Let’s be serious, if there were as many German soldiers in WWII as there are reproductions of German badges equipment, helmets ect: on the market, the Allied forces would have been outnumbered 10000 to 1 in every battle they fought and we’d all be wearing leather shorts and speaking German right now. Since that isn’t how it happened, it is completely and totally impossible that all of the items that people are describing as real are actually originals. Approximately 60% of ALL of the items described as originals are obvious copies with probably an additional 10% to 20% that are higher quality copies. To explain, there’s a small number of reproductions out there that are extremely high quality and almost impossible to tell from the real thing. That leaves about 20% that -might- be real. Always remember, you’re better off to complete a sale for an item that you’re not sure of than to get ripped off.

I think the seller needs to make a better effort with higher resolution pics, otherwise its a bit of a gamble buying on these pics.

Agree with above statements. Looks like the inside & out was scrubbed in recent years, new rust formed. From what I can make out of the decal, does not look to be the expected ET type Heer that belongs on an SE/HKP shell. But again, can't really see it. Liner looks good.

Better pics needed

?

Thanks guys, off to the seller for more pics.

Quote by real steel View Post
    Agree with above statements. Looks like the inside & out was scrubbed in recent years, new rust formed. From what I can make out of the decal, does not look to be the expected ET type Heer that belongs on an SE/HKP shell. But again, can't really see it. Liner looks good.

Better pics needed
    I agree with the above statement and thus with all above the above statement. Yes I like to use my keyboard ;-)

Hi, as said, it is virtually impossible to see exactly what you have here from these images, better photo's are a must before you splash the cash! Leon.

?

Unfortunately the seller is being difficult/technologically challenged so these are all I am going to see. For the price I will walk. Thank you for all your advice.

Quote by alikat View Post
    Unfortunately the seller is being difficult/technologically challenged so these are all I am going to see. For the price I will walk. Thank you for all your advice.
    I think that you have made the right decision. If he really wanted to sell it that badly he would get someone else to take some good images for you. He is either to lazy or trying to deceive, either way, not the sort of person I would want to deal with, especially if there was a problem down the line. Leon.