MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

SD Heer M42 Opinions

Article about: Hey all, I've been looking at this helmet and i might be interested in buying it. I just want to get the all clear from everyone before i do. The decal looks like a (Huber-Jordan & Körne

?

Default SD Heer M42 Opinions

Hey all,

I've been looking at this helmet and i might be interested in buying it. I just want to get the all clear from everyone before i do.

The decal looks like a (Huber-Jordan & Körner) if i'm correct, please correct me if i'm wrong

The seller did not specify the Maker of the helmet, Probably due to a weak stamping that isn't visible anymore. But if it is the decal as stated above that would make it an EF?

Thanks for all the help and information in advance

- Alex
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SD Heer M42 Opinions   SD Heer M42 Opinions  

SD Heer M42 Opinions   SD Heer M42 Opinions  

SD Heer M42 Opinions   SD Heer M42 Opinions  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SD Heer M42 Opinions
    P
    Many

As you stated...an EF made helmet, HJK decal which is correct for this helmet.
    D.

?

Thanks a lot

That decal (HJK) is typical for EF helmets but it can also be observed on NS M42's. Your lot# is 1532 with no letter prefix as NS helmets are marked & the fact that the maker is such a weak strike, it's an EF.
    I would A: not pay much for this example
    B: look for one with a nicer liner. That leather is flopping & ready to give way completely.
    Just my opinion friend
    D.

Excellent analysis by David. I quite like the helmet, but really the price would have to reflect the poor condition of the liner and broken chin strap.
    I guess it depends on this and what your budget is.
    Nick

Nice helmet.

I like this one but shame about the liner but then again the helmet is over 70 years old now.

I like the patina to the shell. Judging by the staining on the liner and cut chinstrap the original owner sadly may not have survived the war.

?

Thanks for the help everyone

MAP
    ?

Good self analysis and detective work by David

One of my helmet collecting rules of thumb ( which I break every now and then ) is to always look for a helmet with a liner in good or decent condition. These are only getting older and a poor liner is easily prone to further damage and/or will disintegrate on its own.

But, Steel, decals and paint will out last us, even if rusty..
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

TWS
    ?

David, Nick, and Michael are spot-on IMO. It appears to be a good honest helmet, but the liner condition means the price should be significantly lower than a similar example with a nice liner. Depending on your budget and how concerned you are about liners, it might check the boxes for you. Just bear in mind that normally helmets in better total condition (all components) tend to appreciate more and are easier to sell should you ever want to.

I've known of more than one collector who primarily cared how a helmet looked sitting on the shelf, so they would gladly take a "price break" in exchange for a helmet whose liner wasn't all that great.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."