Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SD Heer Transitional M1917 Helmet ET64

Article about: This has to be my favorite helmet in my collection! This is a nice combat vet M1917 Heer Transitional and the reason it is my favorite is that there are so many different colors and textures

Default SD Heer Transitional M1917 Helmet ET64

This has to be my favorite helmet in my collection! This is a nice combat vet M1917 Heer Transitional and the reason it is my favorite is that there are so many different colors and textures going on. The decal is complete but very darkened. The only downside is that the liner, although all there, is detached from the liner band.

As always any comments are greatly appreciated! Thanks for looking!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SD Heer Transitional M1917 Helmet ET64   SD Heer Transitional M1917 Helmet ET64  

SD Heer Transitional M1917 Helmet ET64   SD Heer Transitional M1917 Helmet ET64  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SD Heer Transitional M1917 Helmet ET64
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

A lot of history you have in that helmet.

Looks like blood rot on the liner.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    A lot of history you have in that helmet.

Looks like blood rot on the liner.
    I actually never made that observation before! Just figured it fell apart with age. Thanks for the input!

As you say, lovely colouration. This is my favorite sort of patina.

Mega S.
    What decal is that ? A Pocher ? I believe it is after I enlarged it. From a small image, the right talon looked to be an Ed Strache, but not the head. The application is fine, nice helmet !

That's a fine looking helmet loaded with character! I agree with Michael about the liner damage, this guy either had an extremely sweaty forehead or that's blood rot. Leon.

Love it. One of the most interesting helmets I've seen in a while.

Quote by real steel View Post
    Mega S.
    What decal is that ? A Pocher ? I believe it is after I enlarged it. From a small image, the right talon looked to be an Ed Strache, but not the head. The application is fine, nice helmet !
    I believe it is a Pocher. The head a right toe on the right talon are different then the Ed Strache...it is just really dark and hard to see.

I will get a close up later with the flash on and see if that brightens it up a little.

The decal is a HJ&K as often seen on SD Trannies.
    Pocher features more on the really early ones.

Nice helmet.

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    The decal is a HJ&K as often seen on SD Trannies.
    Pocher features more on the really early ones.

Nice helmet.
    I went on germanhelmetvault.com for a comparison of the decals and I now agree with you 100% that it is a HJ&K and not a Pocher. The obvious difference is in the face of the bird.

Thank you for clearing that up Schwerpunkt

I'm always learning with this hobby!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast