Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SD KM M40... This time for real (I hope)

Article about: Based on the picture as is I'd say KM as well but I would heed Francis's opinion.

Default SD KM M40... This time for real (I hope)

ok so this is my third go at a KM helmet, and i think ive found a keeper. i have always wanted a KM helmet over an SS, and i would actually take a mint KM over a mint SS any day.

anyway, i was offered this VERY salty (literally) SD KM M40 for a pretty good price. I see no problems with it. to me it looks like a very well used seaborne KM helmet. its very rusty and there is a crack in the back of it but i think its got a lot of character. what do you all think?

Thanks,
    Mo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SD KM M40... This time for real (I hope)   SD KM M40... This time for real (I hope)  

SD KM M40... This time for real (I hope)   SD KM M40... This time for real (I hope)  

SD KM M40... This time for real (I hope)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SD KM M40... This time for real (I hope)
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: SD KM M40... This time for real (I hope)

Hey Mo I think you have a winner there as well, perhaps a scrubbed decal. What is the maker and lot number of this?

PS finding a mint DD M35 KM is MUCH harder than finding a mint DD M35 SS. But it is 5 times less expensive LOL.

its an ET66, lot nr. 1297.

i remember reading somewhere that finding a KM helmet as rusty as this one indicates the possibility that it was used at sea, is that correct?

?

Could be or just bad storage. Lot number being in the 1200 range for an ET M40 is a good thing, several other KMs in this lotnr range. I think you have a rough but real one.

thanks for your help Doug, i think ill be buying it then!

i know you have an extensive ss helmet collection, do you have any ET KM M40s? if you do id love to see pictures of what this helmet should look like exactly in better condition.

?

I have 4 M35 KM, 2 are DD and 1 is a camo. I dont collect M40 helmets per se unless there is a nice SS rune on the side... :-)
    Get Frank and Francis' opinion on this one as well before dropping the $$ always good to have multiple opinions.

i guess ill just wait for those opinions now lol...

I would like to see a close-up of the decal.But I would say it is a good one.

Well so far it looks like 3 think its good (me, doug, and chris) and noone thinks its bad yet. i think id like to get at least one more opinion. ade? schwerpunkt? any takers? : )

It looks good to me too.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast