Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

SD M35 Beaded Luftschutz - Subdued Green Adler

Article about: Here is a rare bird, an ET 62 beaded Lufschutz helmet, lot number 3977, with a period applied green "subdued" Luftwaffe Adler decal. I picked this one up from a friend when he liqu

Default SD M35 Beaded Luftschutz - Subdued Green Adler

Here is a rare bird, an ET 62 beaded Lufschutz helmet, lot number 3977, with a period applied green "subdued" Luftwaffe Adler decal. I picked this one up from a friend when he liquidated his collection. Jules L. would always bring this one up whenever a discussion on one of the forums centered on whether these decals were actually period applied. I think you will agree that this one is a one look no doubt TR period applied decal. This helmet appears to have come out of the factory as a standard Luftschutz helmet. Although it is hard to see in the pictures, it appears to me that the Luftschutz wing decal was meticulously removed before the shell was repainted and adjourned with the "subdued" Luftwaffe Adler decal. The helmet is complete with a heavily used and deeply sweat stained, but intact civic liner/chinstrap assembly. Hope you like it. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SD M35 Beaded Luftschutz - Subdued Green Adler   SD M35 Beaded Luftschutz - Subdued Green Adler  

SD M35 Beaded Luftschutz - Subdued Green Adler   SD M35 Beaded Luftschutz - Subdued Green Adler  

SD M35 Beaded Luftschutz - Subdued Green Adler   SD M35 Beaded Luftschutz - Subdued Green Adler  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SD M35 Beaded Luftschutz - Subdued Green Adler
    P
    Many

Beautiful Jim, a rare bird indeed. Has there been any consensus as to exactly which units would have had these beaded lufty's? Leon.

Hi Leon, I know when I saw Al B.'s example many years ago he told me what he thought but I just don't recall what he said. I will be speaking to him later this week and I will ask. Glad you like it. Jim G.

Thought I would bump this thread rather than create a new thread. It is my third piece with a subdued Luft Adler. Jim G.

For this one is as honest as they come , would pick it up myself.