Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SE64 M35 Bailing Wire

Article about: Hi guys, This is an M35 SE64 with single bailing wire. The lot number is 479. The reinforced aluminum liner band is dated 1938. The liner is size 57 but unfortunately in very bad condition.

Default SE64 M35 Bailing Wire

Hi guys,

This is an M35 SE64 with single bailing wire. The lot number is 479. The reinforced aluminum liner band is dated 1938. The liner is size 57 but unfortunately in very bad condition. The paint is not typical SE, and no dome stamp is present, so I think it is a factory reissue helmet, meaning it was sent back to the factory and completely stripped of the original pea green paint, repainted and given new components. The bailing wire shows lots of age, and appears to have been with the helmet for a long time as evident in the pictures. I hope you like it.

Regards,
    Corey
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SE64 M35 Bailing Wire   SE64 M35 Bailing Wire  

SE64 M35 Bailing Wire   SE64 M35 Bailing Wire  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SE64 M35 Bailing Wire
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Sweet. I love it.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi Corey, looks like this one is an apple green M35 that has had a non reflective "rough texture" over paint. I like it, everything sits just right for me such as the wear/condition to the steel compared to the liner, including the wire. A nice helmet, Leon.

Leon I think you are right. It doesn't look like a reissue factory job on second look. Maybe a field overpaint, or some kind of subtle camouflage.

i think-wire not original....because the helmets below him is no rust, etc feet.sory my english is bad

Good helmet, I also agree the wire I believe was added later need closer photos to be sure. Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Rust does not form on paint, only on bare metal that gets wet. The fact that there is no rust beneath the wire is irrelevant.

Payne, I really!!!! hope to the wire is original to the helmet. I don't think Kurland meant any "knock "of the helmet. I still think it is a cool helmet. Marty

Hi guys, any specific areas you would like to see?

For me I would like to see close up of where the wire is hitting the helmet.i am hope to see honest wear ex. Movement of wire going side to side from daily usage, movement when foliage was added.
    Last edited by Tank Destroyer; 07-20-2014 at 06:09 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast