Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SE66 Double Decal Luft M35 Droop tail

Article about: Hi Guys, Please see below pictures of the latest helmet i have in my possession (has been bought for me by my girlfriend as a xmas present) its an SE66 double decal Luft droop tail M35 with

Default SE66 Double Decal Luft M35 Droop tail

Hi Guys,
    Please see below pictures of the latest helmet i have in my possession (has been bought for me by my girlfriend as a xmas present) its an SE66 double decal Luft droop tail M35 with a lot number of 3279.
    I have taken photos of all the stamps and if more/better pics are required please ask.

As always any comments are appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Andre
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SE66 Double Decal Luft M35 Droop tail   SE66 Double Decal Luft M35 Droop tail  

SE66 Double Decal Luft M35 Droop tail   SE66 Double Decal Luft M35 Droop tail  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SE66 Double Decal Luft M35 Droop tail
    P
    Many

Also some upclose pictures of the decals.

Thanks Andre
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SE66 Double Decal Luft M35 Droop tail   SE66 Double Decal Luft M35 Droop tail  

Nice helmet. !937 dated SE "Snakeleg". Lot# puts you in 37' range, linerband should be 36'-37 dated & your dome stamp should read 1937. Only thing that looks to be an anomaly is what appears to be a steel wire chin strap bale on one side. Maybe wartime repair ? Either way, nice desirable helmet. Chinstrap marked & dated ? That looks a bit questionable not for originality but if true Luft brown early strap. The long end anyway.

From your pics looks like your girlfriend did well

Andre, your girlfriend is a winner! What a great present, looks like a super droop tail M35 with unit markings to boot! Excellent, she has a good eye! Leon.

I do not see an ink size stamp on the leather. Is it embossed into the side of the leather ? That would make the liner pre-1937. However there are known examples of 1937 liners with no ink stamp or embossed size mark. No big deal....but interesting for a few of us

Thanks

Quote by real steel View Post
    I do not see an ink size stamp on the leather. Is it embossed into the side of the leather ? That would make the liner pre-1937. However there are known examples of 1937 liners with no ink stamp or embossed size mark. No big deal....but interesting for a few of us

Thanks
    Thanks Real Steel for the reply,
    No cannot find any size stamp either stamped or embossed into the leather, i have however whilst looking found another stamp on the inside of the liner as seen below. Also there are no stamps on the long side of the chinstrap.

The dome stamp isn't dated and reads "L K.S. F.BRUCK" i have also attached pictures of the chinstrap bales.

I had picked the helmet with my GF buying it, she wanted to get me a helmet for xmas but didn't know which i would want.

Thanks

Andre

SE66 Double Decal Luft M35 Droop tail  

Hi Andre
    Yeah...looks like a minor repair on the one chinstrap bale. The early aluminum liners were prone to damage.

Again...lovely helmet !!

Thanks Real Steel again for the replies, Love the helmet and its one ive always wanted in my collection

Andre

From your last pic...chinstrap looks original Luft brown too !!

Very nice pre war example, with lots of character.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast