Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Se68 lw m40

Article about: I usually collect weapons and only pick up an occasional helmet now and then. I got this one because of the size, the 68's seem to be more difficult to find in original condition. The liner

Default Re: Se68 lw m40

Quote by helmetone View Post
    That's a nice classic M42 Luftwaffe helmet. Was this on a dealer site? I feel like I have seen it before. Maybe not. I see a lot of Helmets, especially in my dreams
    I picked it up from a soldier at Ft Hood. It was passed down to him by his fathers uncle. He advertised it on craigslist, after exchanging several emails and text and many images. Of course having collected for a few years now I collect the item, the story is just a story without provenance.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Quote by helmetone View Post
    I see a lot of Helmets, especially in my dreams
    I can relate

Much of this I collect for photo props for my true hobby, the side arms of WWII.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stuff06.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	211.7 KB 
ID:	440421   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stuff07.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	218.5 KB 
ID:	440422  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stuff05.jpg 
Size:	211.6 KB 
ID:	440426  

?

super collection.
    chris

Two police helmets? Sweet. Helmets are addictive. Looks like you have some nice ones. I have also picked up a few on CL. Never know what you will find.

The police helmets are part of my brothers collection that I had borrowed. We started doing this together when we were very young. We grew up air force brats in Germany during the 60's which yielded many opportunities to us. Some one in another thread posted a light police helmet, I will never forget the day my brother and I rummaged through a room full of those above a fire station in Kaiserslautern when we were young.

I'm the short guy on the left, photo was taken at Verdun in 1960
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	#1 196.jpg 
Size:	79.5 KB 
ID:	440449  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12