Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Serious threads

Article about: Gentlemen, we've had a lot of threads about silly German fake helmets here lately, which I've relocated to the appropriate sections. Please post silly threads in Discussions but lets not lit

?

Default Serious threads

Gentlemen, we've had a lot of threads about silly German fake helmets here lately, which I've relocated to the appropriate sections. Please post silly threads in Discussions but lets not litter this section with the 15 billion tonnes of garbage out there, lest this section becomes just a dumping ground itself. Any thread not related to the discussion of a serious collector nature, this section being helmets, (which we can still enjoy and have fun in) will be relocated, thanks.

Doug

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Serious threads
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Serious threads

Also topics on restorations, refurbishing, replicas will go to that section not here. This section is about the real deal not replicas. We have a section on how to refurb and restore. Thanks
    Last edited by DougB; 10-28-2012 at 01:36 AM.

?

I agree with Doug.

The site is about discussing serious pieces of militaria in a fun and friendly environment.

There is no point posting every piece of shite found on ebay or other auction sites for a serious thread. We all know a chromed helmet with a skull and crossbones painted on it is not what we want to see here just as an iron cross with a 'Surfs up California '78' is not a serious piece worthy of discussion.

Lets concentrate on discussing the pieces from the past, not the pieces from the toilet.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Quote by Adrian View Post
    I agree with Doug.

The site is about discussing serious pieces of militaria in a fun and friendly environment.

There is no point posting every piece of shite found on ebay or other auction sites for a serious thread. We all know a chromed helmet with a skull and crossbones painted on it is not what we want to see here just as an iron cross with a 'Surfs up California '78' is not a serious piece worthy of discussion.

Lets concentrate on discussing the pieces from the past, not the pieces from the toilet.
    Well said Gentlemen
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Ladies & Gents.....I totally agree with every post/word above......there should be nothing more to add !
    Optimistically Steve.

Sorry guys for my 2 posts

?

Quote by kylesbullets View Post
    No worries, you will be better off learning about genuine pieces of history and making discussion about those items rather than discussing obvious trash.

No point learning what makes a good chromed lid when you can learn the finer details of decals, paint, liners, chinstraps etc.

You'll be surprised how quick you pick things up. Choose a field you're interested in and get stuck into it! There are many people here willing to help you if you're willing to help yourself!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Well done guys.

?

Quote by kylesbullets View Post
    No worries there are other sections for those, just not here. Cheers
    Doug

Quote by DougB View Post
    No worries there are other sections for those, just not here. Cheers
    Doug
    I have unwittingly contributed to this Doug- if only in total bemusement at what is being passed off to unknowing new collectors as 'genuine'.
    My only concern is that if folk do not get a pointer to what we seasoned collectors KNOW as 'shite' ( as it has rightly been called ) then they wont be able to make the distinction - as unbelievable as it may be to us.

Sorry for skewing the forum in this direction ....
    Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast