Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Should I buy this M35????

Article about: Hey guys, kind of an emergency...I could have this Q64 for around 200 CAD....is the overpaint original??? Or from a biker?

?

Default Should I buy this M35????

Hey guys, kind of an emergency...I could have this Q64 for around 200 CAD....is the overpaint original??? Or from a biker?Should I buy this M35????Should I buy this M35????Should I buy this M35????Should I buy this M35????Should I buy this M35????Should I buy this M35????Should I buy this M35????

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Should I buy this M35????
    P
    Many

no

- - ------- - -

actually kinda cool, specially with whatg the American dollar compared to Canadian is

Hi, not for me, looks to have repetitive tool marks and fake ageing to it. Not one I would pursue. Leon.

Hi Rahllo. If it was me ! I would buy i immediatly ! IMO the camo is original period done (ww2) Then later the flames was added, maybe by a biker ! You could try to remove the flames and the lines very carefully !! Why I think the camo is original ! Because I got one who looks the same ! Also a DD luftwaffe. But mine does not have so much camo left as this one ! The camo flakes of . But the camo is exactly as yours ! Will try see if I got some pics on my comp. And then upload them here ! But for that price I would buy it in a hurry ! Hope you get it !! SF

This was what I had of pics. Hope they do it for now ! Mine is a m35 EF66 LOT NR. ??408 ( difficult to read) This helmet has seen a lot of action. It has been redecaled twice ! ( Eagle) Also remnants of black paint ! ( Flak ? ) And a LBA marked chinstrap. SF
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Should I buy this M35????   Should I buy this M35????  

Should I buy this M35????   Should I buy this M35????  

Should I buy this M35????   Should I buy this M35????  

Should I buy this M35????  

MAP
    ?

I'm with Leon on this one. It doesn't add up. tool marks galore. Also the nation shield does not look scrubbed clean so why paint over the eagle and not the Tri-color if you are trying to camo a helmet?

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

So I'm absolutely with you guys that there a lot of questions with this lid. For 200 CAD is it worth getting it, really taking a close look at the paint, and if it is bogus, carefully stripping the yellow paint? I think the tricolour looks good, and that there might be something worth saving. My budget isn't vast at the moment as I have gotten two other lids in the last few months, and I don't have a M35 DD or a luft. I am also listening if you guys say run away.

$200 is somewhat cheap but you would only be getting a shell. Cleaning off the paint (if you consider it post war) could be done but it will be difficult to remove every last trace, especially without damaging the decals further (the eagle is already pretty far gone). How some members can claim to authenticate that camo as wartime applied based on these rather poor quality photos which do in fact indicate tooling and perhaps even sanding on the brim is beyond me. Beware amature e-experts dishing out advice.

For me, I'd save the cash and put it towards a better quality lid.

Looks like the real deal to me. Good decals.

?

This really is wild...looks like expert advice on both sides of the fence! Still not sure what to do!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast