Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

" SIGNAL " Helmet

Article about: Has anyone ever seen a period photo of anything like this..last few years its been all the rage to decal with German companies, but i havent seen this one, and the paint looks old but im not

?

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    Indeed, but there must be some provenance with an item like this or it is just too much of a leap for me. I would like it to be real, it's quite cool.

What is the source, where was it found, etc etc?
    Agree with this as well.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement " SIGNAL " Helmet
    P
    Many

Hi,

OK for the story of this helmet:

A WW2 german soldier Karl RUTH marry a french girl in the fifties & the couple lives near Paris. All year, he go to his familly in germany & in 1969 he bring the helmet back with a lot of equipement, uniforms & headgears. In 1970 a french headgear collector (Bernard F......) buy it & arrange the helmet in his collection (+300 pieces).
    In 2009 he fall ill & so he sell a great part of his collection to the auction enterprise Hermann Historica. The helmet is purchased by a Spanish collector (Javier Alexander .............). In 2014 the Spanish collection is sell by an other auction enterprise & in March 23 2014 I buy it. (for a good price).
    I know the french collector (Bernard F.........) Since 10 years or more & I have ever a look of this helmet. Wenn he sell it to Hermann Historica , at this tine I have no money enought to buy it (2.000€).
    So you know the story of this helmet.
    I am sorry for my English.
    Best regards from Alsace , France.
    Carfin.

The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

?

Is this a helmet with this logo/text Lebus, or is it a Photoshop creation?

" SIGNAL " Helmet
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

I see an interesting helmet i would like to learn more about, to find out if it is an genuine item-study the details and read others detailed and valued opinions, but you guys are starting to waste time making fun out of another persons collection...

Yes i know it is supposed to be funny/ a joke, No i dont find it funny.

Over-seriousness will be the death of all the forums. Lighten up!

?

Hi Carfin an Interesting M-40 to be shur and if providence and or authenticity could be proven it would be an incredible helmet and I would consider it a top shelf item in my collection and I do not even collect TR anymore .
    The lettering aside know one hear has even commented on the paint,chin strap, and or liner perhaps a few more detailed pictures of the lettering and details of the helmet should be forthcoming Carfin the best of luck and I hope the lettering turns out to be period applied this of course may be a very hard one to make a firm decision on and a leap of faith must be required on something as obscure as this .

Regards Mark

?

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    Hi Carfin an Interesting M-40 to be shur and if providence and or authenticity could be proven it would be an incredible helmet and I would consider it a top shelf item in my collection and I do not even collect TR anymore .
    The lettering aside know one hear has even commented on the paint,chin strap, and or liner perhaps a few more detailed pictures of the lettering and details of the helmet should be forthcoming Carfin the best of luck and I hope the lettering turns out to be period applied this of course may be a very hard one to make a firm decision on and a leap of faith must be required on something as obscure as this .

Regards Mark
    Agreed, before even venturing an opinion on this one, I would want to see lots of very good quality pics, with
    good close ups of the painted insignia and all other aspects of this helmet.

Brad.

Hi , I have been looking at this one and keeping out of the discussion as I personally agree that there is that real "leap of faith" issue here. I have read the back story but there is a 24 year gap from the end of the war until the helmet was brought back from Germany. Also I notice that the helmet appears to have had another one "stacked" on top of it at some point as you can see the paint loss around the shell , that said the "dot" of the letter i has not lost any paint and looks more like it is painted on top of the paint loss. To me that makes it look post war applied and the helmet came from a stack of surplus lids? I am not saying that i am right on this ,i personally just would never be 100% confident based on what i see. All the best ,Leon.
    Last edited by FALLSCHIRMJAGER; 04-04-2014 at 07:10 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast