Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Single decal Luftwaffe helmet- genuine?

Article about: Once again, I'm back here requesting the assistance of those far more experienced in this field than myself. I've come across this Luftwaffe stahlhelm and would like to buy it, if all is goo

Default Single decal Luftwaffe helmet- genuine?

Once again, I'm back here requesting the assistance of those far more experienced in this field than myself. I've come across this Luftwaffe stahlhelm and would like to buy it, if all is good. The seller hasn't given any info about this at all, so it's made things difficult for me to look into- from what I can tell, it's an M40? I personally would say that the decal looks good just because the wear and discolouration seems to fit right in with the condition of the rest of the helmet, though I'm going to request a close-up. I have no idea about the paint on the helmet as I've not come across any photos of similar examples.
    Finally, how much in your opinions should this helmet be worth? To me it looks like a nice piece and a rare opportunity for me to own a good example of a German helmet. I've wanted one for years and only now can start affording it!
    I appreciate any info here.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Single decal Luftwaffe helmet- genuine?   Single decal Luftwaffe helmet- genuine?  

Single decal Luftwaffe helmet- genuine?   Single decal Luftwaffe helmet- genuine?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Single decal Luftwaffe helmet- genuine?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Single decal Luftwaffe helmet- genuine?

looks a good honest example for me but get better pics of the decal and maker markings also lot numbers would help the more expert guys here

Thanks, I've just asked the seller if he can provide those for me. Hopefully I'll get a response, I never have much luck with this sort of thing. I'll post new pics as soon as I get them!
    Meanwhile, can anyone say what a fair price for this might be assuming it's all original?

The seller very helpfully provided the new photos. Again, the wear on the eagle looks ok to me, but the swastika looks a little off- it looks more curved than angular, though it might just be an illusion caused by the fading? What do you think? Also, I have no idea what the numbers printed inside denote so I leave that to others!
    I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the helmet and it's value.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Single decal Luftwaffe helmet- genuine?   Single decal Luftwaffe helmet- genuine?  

Single decal Luftwaffe helmet- genuine?  

still looks good to me mate and a Q64 aswell .

i have a sd luftwaffe combat helm thats also made by Quist in Esslingen and is a size 64 aswell these helmets can go fur £300~£350 depending on condition. i would also like to see what the other guys say. cheers

i can see your point with the decal as its right wing also looks dodgy but i have seen a good few original lufty lids haveing botched original decals i would like to know if the decals bad aswell but i think the lid and liner looks ok.....

Has this been re-painted post war? Just a thought, but the appearance of paint on the rivets concerns me a little, but perhaps it's me. Better to wait for the helmet head sheds on this one.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Indeed something has been stripped from the surface probably post war paint.

The paint color the helmet exhibits is not how it should look , it also explains the wear to the decal.

Luftwaffe Quist M40's have a nice textured paint. Luftwaffe lids are for sale all over the place , best save up for a good example. It will set you back 700$-800$ at most.

Here's an example :

Thanks for the feedback. I did notice how the paint is unlike any example I've seen, but I'm new to this area and was hoping it might have been another variant! This 'rare opportunity' was too good to be true, but as said, I can look around a little more and save up as I do so.
    Originally I was looking for a good Wehrmacht helmet but came across this- I don't mind much what helmet I get, I'm just after a good stahlhelm in original condition with a respectable decal. Can anyone recommend any good sites to look at that send to the UK? At the moment, my budget is about £300 which I'm aware is a pretty limiting factor.
    Thanks again for the help, this site really is a great thing to be a part of!

3rdky
    ?

Nice helmet. I did some shopping and found mine which I pictured. Like was said they are all over the place but I waited till I found a nice one.