Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Single Decal M35 Luftwaffe Reissue - Q68

Article about: I have had this one forever. I haven't come across many M35 reissue Lufts over the years, and this is my only one. I like the big pots, and this one is a Q68. The lot number is hard to read,

Default Single Decal M35 Luftwaffe Reissue - Q68

I have had this one forever. I haven't come across many M35 reissue Lufts over the years, and this is my only one. I like the big pots, and this one is a Q68. The lot number is hard to read, and a prior owner (not me) rubbed the paint off to try to read it. To me it looks like 20694, but I can't be sure. The helmet is complete with an aluminum reinforced M31 liner band, a size 61 liner with 9 full fingers, and an unmarked chin strap. The Adler, rather haphazardly applied, has seen better days, but I can live with it. The helmet was repainted Luft blue/grey when reissued, and there is no trace of whatever decal was on the right when it was originally issued. All in all, I think it is a fairly representative example. Hope you like it. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Single Decal M35 Luftwaffe Reissue - Q68   Single Decal M35 Luftwaffe Reissue - Q68  

Single Decal M35 Luftwaffe Reissue - Q68   Single Decal M35 Luftwaffe Reissue - Q68  

Single Decal M35 Luftwaffe Reissue - Q68   Single Decal M35 Luftwaffe Reissue - Q68  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Single Decal M35 Luftwaffe Reissue - Q68
    P
    Many

Not entirely sure from the colour in the photos but was this reissued to the Norwegians after the war? What are the liner split pins made of? Zinc or brass? Nice example.

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    Not entirely sure from the colour in the photos but was this reissued to the Norwegians after the war? What are the liner split pins made of? Zinc or brass? Nice example.

ABSOLUTELY NOT reissued to the Norwegians. Regarding the color, are you referring to the color of the liner? The liner is sweat stained, NOT dyed. The rivets that attach the leather to the band are aluminum and flat headed, not the small domed rivets used by the Norwegians. This helmet is WWII issue 100%. Jim G.

A great one looker re-issue Jim, I must admit that I have not seen all that many M35 re-issues to the Luftwaffe either, most have just been over painted leaving the shadow of the National shield. Leon.

Good helmet Jim.
    totally correct.
    chris