MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Small RLB decal real or fake

Article about: I am not sure About this decal I do not think the small size is being reproduce . So I will ask for input. The color do not look right but that could just be me. It should be white but it is

Default Small RLB decal real or fake

I am not sure About this decal I do not think the small size is being reproduce .
    So I will ask for input.
    The color do not look right but that could just be me.
    It should be white but it is yellow ,the blue looks black fake or just old.
    Small RLB decal real or fakeSmall RLB decal real or fake

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Small RLB decal real or fake
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Small RLB decal real or fake

Don L is the authority on these, the decal is too blurry to make out the details however.

Quote by DougB View Post
    Don L is the authority on these, the decal is too blurry to make out the details however.

Thank you Doug.
    I will try to get better pictures from the seller.
    Chris

?

That said the decal condition does not seem to match the shell.

I hope somebody wasn't Wearing that lid when it got into that condition! William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Get better pictures Chris. The dimensions of the decal look right but... The top pic makes it look as if the border, letters and cross are black. If so, run, the colors should be the same as the colors on the standard sized decal. (The colors on mine in the pictures below are a bit deceiving, the border, letters and cross are in fact that distinctive almost metallic RLB blue.) The bottom pic makes it look tempting however, with some suggestions of crazing. The shell type is one on which I haven't seen a small RLB star burst, although I must confess that I have only seen 4 or 5 in my life. Having said that, all have been on the shell style in these pictures, with the curve at the bottom of the dip and without the bulged 7 hole vents. I hope you can get better shots, and will keep my fingers crossed for you. Good luck, Jim G.
    Attached Images Attached Images Small RLB decal real or fake  Small RLB decal real or fake  Small RLB decal real or fake  Small RLB decal real or fake 

I just checked my RLB lids. The shell style on this one may very well be fine Chris, I have an RLB with the same shell style, but with a standard sized RLB decal. It gets down to clear pictures of the star burst, which the more I look at the more I am leaning towards good, with the caveat that the pictures are really bad, so... Looking forward to better images. Cheers, Jim G.

Thank you Jim I will try to get more pictures.
    Chris

Is the small size RLB decals being reproduce?
    I know the regular size is.
    Chris

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    Is the small size RLB decals being reproduce?
    I know the regular size is.
    Chris
    Hi Chris, I haven't seen repro's of the small decal, but that doesn't mean that they haven't been made. Like I said, I think this one has a very good chance, but better pictures would help confirm this. Regards to the family, hope Santa was good to the little one, Jim G.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast