Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Small size 60 bought back from Berlin M35 NS60

Article about: This was bought back by a GI stationed in Berlin just after WW2 his nephew asked him to bring back a German helmet so he took this one from a pile of them , he took this one because it was t

?

Default Small size 60 bought back from Berlin M35 NS60

This was bought back by a GI stationed in Berlin just after WW2 his nephew asked him to bring back a German helmet so he took this one from a pile of them , he took this one because it was the smallest and too up less room in his rucksack . Rob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Small size 60 bought back from Berlin M35 NS60   Small size 60 bought back from Berlin M35 NS60  

Small size 60 bought back from Berlin M35 NS60   Small size 60 bought back from Berlin M35 NS60  

Small size 60 bought back from Berlin M35 NS60   Small size 60 bought back from Berlin M35 NS60  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Small size 60 bought back from Berlin M35 NS60
    P
    Many

That looks like a decent authentic little lid.
    Any idea what the white marks are - paint? It looks quite uniform in some areas like where it wraps around the shell.

MAP
    ?

Nice looking helmet with a beautiful liner!!!!

The white paint looks like classic "closet scuffs".
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Thanks chaps , Mike I don't think it is closet scuffs but then again it could be who knows ? Rob

Size 60! A real pinhead, and quite unusual so nice to have.
    Nick

TWS
    ?

Nice one. That little size 60 shell is making the decals look large. I'd advise to very gently and carefully take the chin strap down from the brim to ease any stress on it so it doesn't split all the way through. The white circular marks look like stacking damage but if helmets were stacked usually the marks would be higher up and not white. Something else could have been stacked on it in years past.