Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

A sneaky way to sell on Ebay.

Article about: I was intrigued when I saw this on ebay.Here is the item number 230487394790.. Its a bit of a puzzle but a good way to sell helmets without abiding by Ebays swastika rule. See if you can fin

Default A sneaky way to sell on Ebay.

I was intrigued when I saw this on ebay.Here is the item number 230487394790.. Its a bit of a puzzle but a good way to sell helmets without abiding by Ebays swastika rule. See if you can find the pics of the helmet...

Here is a link also
    The German - Helmet Kohl on eBay (end time 20-Jun-10 20:00:56 BST)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A sneaky way to sell on Ebay.
    P
    Many

Default Re: A sneaky way to sell on Ebay.

Clever guy I wonder how many more auctions selling photo's of this guy are gonna turn up?

Thanks

Danny

Ingenius method but it won't last long. Ebay periodically runs audits on the accounts, and the minute they see the ad is for a helmet, and they don't see a helmet, the gig will be up. Capitalism at its best.

Jay

?

Quote by sitges1990 View Post
    Ingenius method but it won't last long. Ebay periodically runs audits on the accounts, and the minute they see the ad is for a helmet, and they don't see a helmet, the gig will be up. Capitalism at its best.

Jay
    Very true Jay but at least he's thinking outside the box !!!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

I often see people selling Lenin related items as Lennon on eBay ("Soviet Medal Order of Lennon"). Looks like this is the same way of marketing...

I've sold Swastika helmets several times on ebay. Most people of course want the swastika's, so I just use photoshop and blot out the decals, so the swastika is just a bonus for them and generally gets an excellent feedback (although the sale price might not go as high). Of course you could email pics of the unblotted swastika to anyone who asks if you post a comment in the description as something like "if you want more photos I can email them to you". Ask them to send their actual email address, not the one that goes through eBay. This is risky, so it might be a good idea to check their bidding history through Advanced Search to see if they actually purchase a lot of these items before sending, so you know they are legit and not just trying to catch you and report you. I'm 99% sure I've been reported for things that are generally overlooked by the eBay gestapo because people were outbid and just decided if they couldn't have it nobody can, like the capguns rule. I mean, how many people selling capguns on eBay are obviously using red wire nuts and crayons as "safety caps"? I would say nearly all of them!

Does anyone have a picture of the discussion's matter as the item has been removed?
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Someone probably reported it I'm sure. I'm sure anyone who's had an auction cancelled for a violation probably spends the next hour reporting any similar violators out of revenge, or if their bid has been surpassed they also might have reported the auction.