Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

The age of the sophisticated fake

Article about: When i started collecting german helmets fakes where very rare.The sophisticated way the fakers ,are doing them now are in some ways is well done ,but there should be a clear distinction on

Default The age of the sophisticated fake

When i started collecting german helmets fakes where very rare.The sophisticated way the fakers ,are doing them now are in some ways is well done ,but there should be a clear distinction on the helmets stating clearly the exstent to which a helmet is faked. a bit like the invisible ink you put on houshold goods in the event of theft.I have retreated into relic helmet collecting, and i think this is the last ditch for genuine items although im aware they are starting to look to fake them now.I FEEL THE ONUS IS ON THE SO CALLED ARTISTS WHO ARE DOING THE HELMETS TO HELP COLLCETORS DISTINGUISH REAL FROM THEIR COPYS IF THEY DONT THEY ARE RUINing the hoby for many.ps sorry for shouting.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The age of the sophisticated fake
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: The age of the sophisticated fake

I know a lot of people who do paint jobs etc on real shells but make them look like real paint jobs, aged and decaled. Most of the reputable ones do have their ways of "marking" the helmet as a fake if it is then sold on by the buyer that would be glaringly obvious to someone who knows. They keep the secrets to themselves, but a person with a fair knowledge of the helmets would pick the mistakes!

There's a reason this guy was banned , he knows nothing about helmets and advocates false truths. A bad example for new collectors.

Quote by LAS VEGAS View Post
    When i started collecting german helmets fakes where very rare.The sophisticated way the fakers ,are doing them now are in some ways is well done ,but there should be a clear distinction on the helmets stating clearly the exstent to which a helmet is faked. a bit like the invisible ink you put on houshold goods in the event of theft.I have retreated into relic helmet collecting, and i think this is the last ditch for genuine items although im aware they are starting to look to fake them now.I FEEL THE ONUS IS ON THE SO CALLED ARTISTS WHO ARE DOING THE HELMETS TO HELP COLLCETORS DISTINGUISH REAL FROM THEIR COPYS IF THEY DONT THEY ARE RUINing the hoby for many.ps sorry for shouting.
    There's no need to retreat into relic collecting unless it's for financial purposes. The fakes are getting better in the way they look but nobody has created the perfect fake yet. With a thorough examination it's quite easy to determine fakes from real helmets.