Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SOS 2nd day

Article about: Picked up a couple of minty helmets. What a blast the show has been! Steve

Quote by No1canuck View Post
    No bubble to burst Frank. It is indeed an M40 and I am well acquainted with the question of whether there were any DD M40s. I have no intention of opening that can of worms!!! I have had 3 of the big wheels examine the helmet thoroughly and all fully agree that the decals stand examination in design,application,wear,and patina. That leaves the old contentions question of whether there were ever any DD M40s issued. I will say this I have an untextured painted helmet(just like an M35) that shows no sign in anyway of being messed with that i feel very good about.

Steve
    For now it has been established that there was no factory churning out DD M40's except for Polizei/SS in lesser cases.
    So any of the known DD M40 have field or depot applied tricolors. That we still don't know as Original M40 are really scarce.
    If you found a mint unquestionable helmet why not show it , if it is good , it is good.
    The decals and paint will prove that. Just realise that these are rarer than DD SS M40's... I hope you are that Lucky indeed.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SOS 2nd day
    P
    Many

Ok I am done. It has been a very good trip!!!

Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SOS 2nd day  

MAP
    ?

Lol..no your not...I want to see the PAB and GAB.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    From the looks of it, am thinking Steve is going to be eating beans and Ramen noodles until the middle of Summer...
    And it will be worth it.

Quote by MAP View Post
    Lol..no your not...I want to see the PAB and GAB.
    Will post them for review when i get home and have a chance. They are both 25 grade.

Steve

MAP
    ?

Quote by No1canuck View Post
    Will post them for review when i get home and have a chance. They are both 25 grade.

Steve
    yes..saw that they were both numbered I just picked up a PAB 25 and will be on the hunt for a GAB 25 in a few weeks
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

M40 LW DD, I have no good feeling like Frank :/

Kind regards
    Basti

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2