Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Spanish Blue Division camo helmet???!!

Article about: What's your opinion on this helmet? A friend picked it up in Russia as a worn camo helmet. Haven't seen this one in hand but looks a nice but cleaned winter-spring camo to me. On the right s

Default Spanish Blue Division camo helmet???!!

What's your opinion on this helmet? A friend picked it up in Russia as a worn camo helmet. Haven't seen this one in hand but looks a nice but cleaned winter-spring camo to me. On the right side there's a hand painted decal under the camo layers which seems to be a red-yellow-red spanish flag
    What do you think?
    Helmet is a Quist 64 M40 with liner band only.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Spanish Blue Division camo helmet???!!
    P
    Many

Default Re: Spanish Blue Division camo helmet???!!

If anything I think it's a double decal M40 Polizei helmet. I think there is alot more red on that more exposed side, so it would be the national flag decal. Not a fan of the outside green colour though, and all the linear scratching. Inside colour is heaps better

Cheers
    Jason

Quote by easternwarfront View Post
    What's your opinion on this helmet? A friend picked it up in Russia as a worn camo helmet. Haven't seen this one in hand but looks a nice but cleaned winter-spring camo to me. On the right side there's a hand painted decal under the camo layers which seems to be a red-yellow-red spanish flag
    What do you think?
    Helmet is a Quist 64 M40 with liner band only.
    Definitely not a blau lid....also red paint seems on top of white paint....regardles shield has wrong shape for blau decal...agree more with the posibility of politzei...

IMO it has a chance of being a BD helmet. These decals were often just painted on, hence the shape.

Not enough there to call it that imo , love the cracks in the paint.

Quote by LeonardoL View Post
    IMO it has a chance of being a BD helmet. These decals were often just painted on, hence the shape.
    sorry I dont think it is......

hand painted shields are extreamly tough to authenticate.......in some parts red is on top of white..in others inside the corrosion definitely dont think its a real blau used helmet......

furthermore....never seen a blau Q...most are SE and ET..very few NS and EF....

not enough to say it is...and fakers like putting enough doubt to make believe its true too fall in ther trap.......

Spanish Blue Division camo helmet???!!

almost looks like somebody tried to add the most comon of fakes on top....

and then cleaned.....