Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Specs of white wash

Article about: There are some relic GERMAN HELMETS from the eastern front with plenty of white wash left.The ones i have,have traces of the white wash.Of course it would wear off a little, and when the sno

Default Specs of white wash

There are some relic GERMAN HELMETS from the eastern front with plenty of white wash left.The ones i have,have traces of the white wash.Of course it would wear off a little, and when the snow disapeared in the field ,it would have been essential to get the white wash off as soon as possible,as the helmet with the green fields would have stuck out like a sore thunb.Iv seen many pictures of whitewash being applied ,but never one when the soldiers where trying to remove the white wash.I suppose they soaked the shell ,and wire brushed the white wash off.Any one have any pics of this being done, or any other info on how they removed the whitewash/.I guess the two examples i have with specs of white wash where ones with it removed in the field.lv

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Specs of white wash
    P
    Many

Default Re: Specs of white wash

Quote by LAS VEGAS View Post
    There are some relic GERMAN HELMETS from the eastern front with plenty of white wash left.The ones i have,have traces of the white wash.Of course it would wear off a little, and when the snow disapeared in the field ,it would have been essential to get the white wash off as soon as possible,as the helmet with the green fields would have stuck out like a sore thunb.Iv seen many pictures of whitewash being applied ,but never one when the soldiers where trying to remove the white wash.I suppose they soaked the shell ,and wire brushed the white wash off.Any one have any pics of this being done, or any other info on how they removed the whitewash/.I guess the two examples i have with specs of white wash where ones with it removed in the field.lv
    I have never seen a picture of this being done.but many of thoses helmets keep the white paint just got repainted ,cloth cover ,field made camo using patato bad .My white wash helmet came from a barn from Bastogne.

Default Re: Specs of white wash

Of course that would be the obvious thing to do just repaint them, i guess that would have been easier.lv