Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SS helmet

Article about: Hi All, I have this M42 helmet with SS decal and just wanted to know some thoughts on this item. Many Thanks

?

Quote by SSamir View Post
    LOL! Hi John, remember, you knew me before the second "S", lol! I still remember that line, a good one indeed. What are u doing up so late? I hope you didn't upset the "wifee".

Samir
    How you doing my friend, I hope all is well.

I am not a fan of the camo on this one,.....if that is bad - nothing else matter IMO. Quite frankly, the pictures are not very good.
    Regards,
    John

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS helmet
    P
    Many

?

Quote by relicz View Post
    How you doing my friend, I hope all is well.

I am not a fan of the camo on this one,.....if that is bad - nothing else matter IMO. Quite frankly, the pictures are not very good.
    All is great my friend. Working on my side job. Hopefully by this summer it will become full-time. Will be leaving my job soon, so i'm pretty excited.

I think this helmet fell victim to some bad photography. I like the camo, but i'm not 100% certain. I think it may have a chance. The decal looks the period. It has good patina and the traits I like to see found on ET pattern decals. We will have to wait n see. Hopefully the OP can provide better pics.

Regards
    Samir

?

Decals look like the GMAX fakes and the paint/camo is not for me - as Samir says better photos are needed however.

Hi Guys, Please let me apologise in advance for the quality of the photographs I have a very basic camera. The markings inside are ET64 & batch no. 2134.

SS helmetSS helmet

I think the guys will make the call based on these photos Scott.

And I think it may be "sawtooth edges = modern print" ( bottom of the left rune in the last photo )
    ( but I hope I am wrong )

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Quote by Danmark View Post
    I think the guys will make the call based on these photos Scott.

And I think it may be "sawtooth edges = modern print" ( bottom of the left rune in the last photo )
    ( but I hope I am wrong )

Dan
    Nope, you are correct.

With the new straight on shot photos you can tell its a bad one. This is why I place emphasis on the proper photography of decals. Being that it was an ET stamped helmet, that was another red flag.

Samir

Guys, Thanks so much for your comments. I am very pleased it's a copy as I had to retrieve it from the scrap heap this morning after seeing the posts.

?

Quote by scottmadoo View Post
    Guys, Thanks so much for your comments. I am very pleased it's a copy as I had to retrieve it from the scrap heap this morning after seeing the posts.
    This is why I originally asked for straight on shots of the decal. German decals and angled photography don't mix. When you present a helmet, try to provide as much info as possible. Thanks for sharing.

Samir

Just an opinion fellows..The decal looks very accurate graphically, but seems too thin for an ET. The camo finish is in my view not original (in a majority of examples, they either masked them or they didn't expose the decal, but that crooked jagged edge around the shield is to me the late '90s style fake).

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast