Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SS helmet

Article about: Hi All, I have this M42 helmet with SS decal and just wanted to know some thoughts on this item. Many Thanks

Default helmet

SS helmetSS helmetSS helmetSS helmet

Hi All, I have this M42 helmet with SS decal and just wanted to know some thoughts on this item. Many Thanks:D
    Last edited by scottmadoo; 09-26-2014 at 01:37 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS helmet
    P
    Many

No good I'm afraid. Paint is modern and so is the decal. All have been aged ( multiple repeated tool marks - maybe gravel thrown at the surface??? ) A repro strap and possibly the liner too.

Leave well alone.......

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

The stonework wallpaper looks more realistic than this helmet does i'm afraid......
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

No not good aged copy made to fool

scottmadoo,

By removing the photo's of the subject matter of this thread you have rendered it useless. I take this as petulance on your part, because there is no other reason for you to do it. Seeing as you're a first time poster and this is your chosen way to behave, I think it may be assumed that you are not going be a regular active and engaging member of this forum, so may I be the first to wish you "adieu".

And don't let the door hit you on the backside on yer way out....
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Your a cheeky bugger! I am just working out how to use this site and I'm trying to upload some more photo's of the helmet

Hey Scott,

Any chance of reposting the original photo's of the exterior of the helmet showing the decals and wear etc. before getting all gynaecological with these other interior shots??? That's what really counts as i'm sure you're aware.

Regards, Ned.

No prob's Ned

I just uploaded them and they have not appeared in the post ?? I will try again!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast