Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ss helmet

Article about: hi what do you lot think of this i can get it for \\$220 but do not know if it is good or not..thanks

Default ss helmet

hi what do you lot think of this i can get it for $220 but do not know if it is good or not..thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ss helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ss helmet
    P
    Many

For that price? I'd stay well clear of it. A genuine relic SS lid, which I'm pretty sure this isn't, would fetch a fair bit more.
    I'm far from an expert when it comes to helmets, but this isn't one I'd feel comfortable buying. I'm sure those in the know will be along shortly to reaffirm my suspicions.

Regards, B.B.

Welcome to the forum oldthings. I'm with BB 100 percent on this one. No paint remains but yet there's the sig runes atop a rusted pitted surface? Here's one from collectors guild for $2800.

Brian

ss helmet

As mentioned stay away. I suggest alot of research before starting to collect SS items. It would be valued higher especially with a decal that clear.

here is some mor photos of it..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ss helmet  

Again, the decal shows little to no wear and tear in comparison to the metal. Clearly a plain ground-dug shell that's been tarted up to ensnare the unwary.

B.B.

The additional photo is good for reference/discussion. However look at this/these decals and the condition of the helmet and the paint on which the decals set. Now compare to yours and the decals on it. How can one explain the phenomenon in which your lid in relic condition has better looking decals than a lid in good worn combat condition with most of it's original finish intact?

ss helmetss helmet

Again photos from collectors guild. Best regards.

Brian

he also has this one...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ss helmet   ss helmet  

ss helmet  

Not a helmet expert by any means, but to me it seems that the wire is far too tight against the helmet shell. There would be no way for the soldier to thread foliage through it, rendering it completely pointless!

B.B.

Clear straight on shots of the decal are a MUST for the helmet guys to give an opinion. Imo probably not good. But better photos are needed. Best regards.

Brian

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast