Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SS helmet from Rostov

Article about: The helmet was found near Rostov on positions, SS Division Wiking. The helmet was in the bunker, under the tinny a roofing sheet. The tank hit a mine or a shell, and it was destroyed. Helmet

Default SS helmet from Rostov

The helmet was found near Rostov on positions, SS Division Wiking. The helmet was in the bunker, under the tinny a roofing sheet. The tank hit a mine or a shell, and it was destroyed. Helmet was found in 1992 year.

Administrator - the helmet is not for sale! Stop delete my posts!

SS helmet from RostovSS helmet from RostovSS helmet from RostovSS helmet from RostovSS helmet from Rostov

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS helmet from Rostov
    P
    Many

?

Was the helmet found in the bunker without linerleather...?
    Just wondering... did the SS man that left his helmet there just took the leather with him???????

?

I bet some one on Ebay would love this helmet!...... ;P

CBH
    ?

Decals on shells must be their speciality .

?

Are you very sure that its real? I agree with the first comment... Leather is gone but the decal and the wire are in perfect condition. Not to mention the fact that the regiment number is on the inside which I heard from someone that soldiers werent allowed to paint these on the inside.

Quote by Duff View Post
    I bet some one on Ebay would love this helmet!...... ;P
    I hope your not referring to Goldie!

As far as I am aware it was frowned upon to paint unit numbers in helmets. After all... why let the enemy know who they were facing?

I think they are just referring to the shells as they clearly mention on their site they do restorations, (just neglected to mention it here).

Quote by Blackdog View Post
    I think they are just referring to the shells as they clearly mention on their site they do restorations, (just neglected to mention it here).
    This is the original helmet! If the helmet has been restored, and then we write about it! In addition, this helmet on the website is not shown. What is the point of showing me if it's not the original?

Quote by Stalingrad Front View Post
    This is the original helmet! If the helmet has been restored, and then we write about it! In addition, this helmet on the website is not shown. What is the point of showing me if it's not the original?
    I don't quite understand your reply, are you suggesting that the whole helmet is war time period ??

Quote by Blackdog View Post
    I don't quite understand your reply, are you suggesting that the whole helmet is war time period ??
    My translator probably did not correctly translates. yes, whole helmet is war time period. It is completely 100% original! You find it hard to believe, but this helmet is very rare!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast