Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Stahlhelm Pressing

Article about: Hi, took these pics in The German History Museum. Doug these must be original. LOL Regards SK

Default Stahlhelm Pressing

Hi, took these pics in The German History Museum.
    Doug these must be original. LOL
    Stahlhelm PressingStahlhelm PressingStahlhelm PressingStahlhelm Pressing
    Stahlhelm Pressing
    Regards SK

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Stahlhelm Pressing
    P
    Many

What a great display for a helmet geek. I saw the similar period pic recently too.

?

Wonderful thanks for showing

Eric

I still think they were made from bedpans .........
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Hi,
    I have just recently returned from the Normandie celebrations were I went to a number of arms fairs. I was amazed to see a number of what I would call the one before the final pressing for sale. Unlike the ones in the photo at the start of the post these were shiny shiny in part and did not have a look of any real age to them with red surface rust here and there. At first I thought they had to be the real thing but they just looked wrong and as with anything when a number of dealers have them you do tend to wonder. Perhaps they are from modern pressing of repro helmets but I am sure they are not the real thing. So if you see them for sale on your travels be aware that they may not be the real deal. Unfortunately the battery on my camera had run out and I was unable to get any photo's.
    All the best from Jersey,
    D.

?

Hello
    You mean like this? I've no idea if its legit or not.

Stahlhelm Pressing

Regards
    Eric

?

Quote by Danmark View Post
    I still think they were made from bedpans .........
    guzunder! we'd empty em once a week only if they approached over half full....danger level lol!

Eric

Quote by Unterstand View Post
    Hello
    You mean like this? I've no idea if its legit or not.

Stahlhelm Pressing

Regards
    Eric
    Yes Eric, I reckon these are pressings of copies designed to fool us!

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Dan
    Hi, there are some of these items for sale at the arms fair in Chatham Kent once a month on Sundays. If they are split or damaged this is due to the over stretching the metal to much, I believe that it had to be 3mm all over to protect the head and neck.( there but have been a lot of rejects) This was very difficult to manufacture in WW1 but the Germans mastered it. Alas the British failed to keep an even overall thickness and was acceptable bullets and Shrapnel.
    Regards SK

- - ------- - -

Dan
    Hi, there are some of these items for sale at the arms fair in Chatham Kent once a month on Sundays. If they are split or damaged this is due to the over stretching the metal to much, I believe that it had to be 3mm all over to protect the head and neck.( there but have been a lot of rejects) This was very difficult to manufacture in WW1 but the Germans mastered it. Alas the British failed to keep an even overall thickness and was acceptable bullets and Shrapnel.
    Regards SK

Hi Eric,
    Yes that is exactly the sort of thing I saw. If these had been real rejects they would just have been melted down and reformed by the Germans so my feeling is that they are all wrong if like the one shown.
    D