Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Standard M34 Square Dip DD Fire Police Helmet with Black Comb

Article about: Had this one for decades - a pre-War German made standard M34 square dip Fire Police helmet complete with standard fire/police decals, comb, liner and chinstrap. This one saw some use as evi

Default Standard M34 Square Dip DD Fire Police Helmet with Black Comb

Had this one for decades - a pre-War German made standard M34 square dip Fire Police helmet complete with standard fire/police decals, comb, liner and chinstrap. This one saw some use as evidenced by the dents in the comb, which was period painted black. As I understand it sometimes the Fireman painted the comb on his helmet black to reduce reflection/glare, but who knows? In any event, in my experience maybe on 1 in 10 of the fire/police helmets that I have encountered the comb is black. The shell has a right ear stamped maker mark, but I don't know what the company was. The leather of the size 56 liner is in great shape, but the chin strap is getting dry and brittle. I think this one was manufactured pre-War because the buckle assembly on the chin strap is one of those Tuck-Tite patented assemblies made under license from that US company. Overall in very good shape with only a few storage related scratches and chips. Hope you like it. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Standard M34 Square Dip DD Fire Police Helmet with Black Comb   Standard M34 Square Dip DD Fire Police Helmet with Black Comb  

Standard M34 Square Dip DD Fire Police Helmet with Black Comb   Standard M34 Square Dip DD Fire Police Helmet with Black Comb  

Standard M34 Square Dip DD Fire Police Helmet with Black Comb   Standard M34 Square Dip DD Fire Police Helmet with Black Comb  

Standard M34 Square Dip DD Fire Police Helmet with Black Comb  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Standard M34 Square Dip DD Fire Police Helmet with Black Comb
    P
    Many

Perfect. I see the comb painted black occasionally too Jim. One must figure it was painted black wartime. I doubt a vet or collector would cover up a nice shiny aluminum comb.
    D.

I love the painted comb as well, really gives this helmet that "little bit" extra. Leon.

Here is its counterpart with an unpainted chromed comb. I will start a separate thread with this one soon. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Standard M34 Square Dip DD Fire Police Helmet with Black Comb   Standard M34 Square Dip DD Fire Police Helmet with Black Comb