Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Steel Helmet

Article about: Hello Experts I have just bought these 2 helmets, and I dont know which type they are. I have been looking at this page (German-Helmets.com) to find out, so I am guessing that the first helm

Default Steel Helmet

Hello Experts

I have just bought these 2 helmets, and I dont know which type they are. I have been looking at this page (German-Helmets.com) to find out, so I am guessing that the first helmet (this helmet has some nr inside: nr 5064 and ET66) could be a Police Beaded M1940, and the second one a Police or Luftschutz helmet (this one has a H7 printes on the leather inside) (Air shelter).
    Can anyone give me a better ID for these two helmets.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Steel Helmet   Steel Helmet  

Steel Helmet   Steel Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Steel Helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: Steel Helmet

Quote by johnschou View Post
    Hello Experts

I have just bought these 2 helmets, and I dont know which type they are. I have been looking at this page (German-Helmets.com) to find out, so I am guessing that the first helmet (this helmet has some nr inside: nr 5064 and ET66) could be a Police Beaded M1940, and the second one a Police or Luftschutz helmet (this one has a H7 printes on the leather inside) (Air shelter).
    Can anyone give me a better ID for these two helmets.
    check out the site LAKESIDE TRADER, ask ADE about it, seems like he had a motorcycle helmet with a big crash pad around it, I'm pretty sure it looked like these, but it had the rubber pad around it. I'm no expert though, looks like they are in really good shape. it did have the same vents though.
    regards Marty

Hi Marty

Thanks a lot for helping, I have just sent the question about the helmets to Ade. Yes, the helmets are in a good condition (and cheap 30 and 40 Euro) though they are missing decals. As Denmark is close to Germany and Norway it is fairly easy to get hold of German stuff from WW II, there were large depots in Norway, Denmark and of course Germany.
    I wish you a happy new year
    Best regards
    John

Hi John, you have got it pretty much covered as your ID's are correct. Both helmets are home front civil issue.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Ade

So the first one is a Police Beaded M1940, and the second one Police or Luftschutz helmet, could you specify if it is a Police or Luftschutz ? I know taht there are a lot of different M types, do you know which M type the last one is ?
    Regards
    John

Quote by johnschou View Post
    Hi Marty

Thanks a lot for helping, I have just sent the question about the helmets to Ade. Yes, the helmets are in a good condition (and cheap 30 and 40 Euro) though they are missing decals. As Denmark is close to Germany and Norway it is fairly easy to get hold of German stuff from WW II, there were large depots in Norway, Denmark and of course Germany.
    I wish you a happy new year
    Best regards
    John
    I'm not much help JOHN, only been collecting about 1 year, that is cheap , but great news for you. it's hard to find anything in the U.S. you guy's are lucky to live near where it all happened, but I wish I could go back to my first 3 years in the navy. I was stationed in Italy, but we went all over the MED, but all I did was waste my time partying, crap even where I was stationed , a little town named Gaeta, it was pretty close to that big monastary in the mountains, excuse me I'm running on about 3 hours of sleep, but anyway all that time when I wasn't on duty I could have been relic hunting at a lot of battlefields. oh well. take care. really pretty nice shape helmets & at a great price too. oh yeah HAppy new year.
    REGARDS mARTY

Hi John, the beaded M40 was most likely Police issue, but could equally be Luftschutzpolizei, or even a factory guards, while the second one is an M34 and would be issued to almost any of the civil organisations. It is impossible to be more specific as they don't have decals.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Ade

There are "millions" of pages on the internet about WW II, I found this page (The Collector's Guild), thare are a lot of diffrent types. When I look for the number ET66 it shows a M35, but it does not look mine, so It is correct what you just wrote.
    Thanks again :-)

Hi John, bear in mind "ET" is the maker and "66" is the size. This will apply to many different helmet types made by the company.

The internet is OK but you really need books when it comes to collecting German helmets.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks a lot, one gets more puzzled using the Internet, all that information :-)