Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Steel Military Helmets?

Article about: I have been very interested in buying a steel helmet from WWII. However, I am unsure as to where I can find one that is possibly sized around XL. Many are shown as "fits most", and

saymonds
    ?

Default Steel Military Helmets?

I have been very interested in buying a steel helmet from WWII. However, I am unsure as to where I can find one that is possibly sized around XL. Many are shown as "fits most", and the only other option would be a new kevelar helmet... and I dont have that kind of money lol

I have always loved the original look, even with the British "doughboy" helmets.

Any suggestions?

2. # ADS

?

Default Re: Steel Military Helmets?

German WW2 helmets are hard to get in large sizes. Unlike most other countries that hat the same size shell and ahd an adjustable liner, basiclay one size fits all, German shells were made in all sizes, almos as a custom fit. Therefore larger german helmets are very hard to get a hold of!

?

You can find them on ebay every once in a while. Be careful, though! Before you buy just post photos here and ask the pro's.

~Dean

German helmets don't exactly run in small, medium, large, etc. kind of sizes. Every shell is stamped with a factory marking and an even number between 60 and 70. The liner will correlate to the size of the shell and will usually be marked as such. The shells can take two sizes of liners so they are slightly "adjustable"

If yoiu want one to wear, I suggest you get a reproduction helmet. It's not really a good idea to wear an original one around.