Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Still looking - first time buyer M35 reissue sd

Article about: Hi all, I'm still looking for my first helmet buy and have seen this, I don't have any more photos as yet but I'm concerned about the liner, chinstrap and the exterior of the pins seem a dif

Default Still looking - first time buyer M35 reissue sd

Hi all,
    I'm still looking for my first helmet buy and have seen this, I don't have any more photos as yet but I'm concerned about the liner, chinstrap and the exterior of the pins seem a different colour from the helmet surface.... but to be fair I'm a novice! I really would appreciate any information you can give on what I've supplied within the photos.

M35 Re issue Army helmet, it's in great condition with almost all its
    original field grey paint on shell with 99% of decal remaining. It comes
    with its original M35 liner and original chinstrap, a truly nice helmet

Its not an expensive piece I just would like it to be genuine I have no idea of any stamps on the helmet should there be any as a Reissue? , also what is the basic reasoning behind the "reissued" helmets for my own Education? would just like to take the opportunity to thank each and everyone who comments on these kind of posts they are invaluable.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Still looking - first time buyer M35 reissue sd   Still looking - first time buyer M35 reissue sd  

Still looking - first time buyer M35 reissue sd   Still looking - first time buyer M35 reissue sd  

Still looking - first time buyer M35 reissue sd  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Still looking - first time buyer M35 reissue sd
    P
    Many

Hi, it looks good to me, most factory re-furbs had these earlier "square bale" liners replaced but some had this type re-installed (using up old stock I guess). As for the reasons why helmets were re-furb'd , just a natural re-use of resources, not every soldier was fortunate enough to see out the war so the helmets were recycled much like other pieces of undamaged equipment. Leon.

I'm an amateur as well but helmet and liner look A-OK to me! I agree with Leon and he's right, sometimes one service maybe running short so they just re-issued what they had on hand! Can't comment on the chinstrap as I don't know owt about them but helmet and liner look okay to me!
    Wait for some more guys to chime in and then make your decision!

I also can't see any red flags, looks like a nice one to have

Very nice, I would also be happy to own it. Good luck! Bob

Hi, looks like it still has the early non reinforced liner and the shell has been painted grey (grey paint on the d ring) due to a reissue. I think its a nice example.

Thankyou guys for your responses much appreciated