Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Stunning M40 SD Luftwaffe helmet!

Article about: Hello guys, I wanted to show you my newest pick-up, a almost mint (in my opinion) SD M40 Luftwaffe. It comes complete with its original liner and chinstrap. The liner is in stunning conditio

Default Stunning M40 SD Luftwaffe helmet!

Hello guys, I wanted to show you my newest pick-up, a almost mint (in my opinion) SD M40 Luftwaffe. It comes complete with its original liner and chinstrap. The liner is in stunning condition, I have not seen many in this good of condition, and pictures don't do this helmet justice. The maker mark is Q66 (Quist) and the lot number is DN224. I am very happy I got in for a ridiculous price, and I don't think I can upgrade this one! Opinions would be greatly appreciated. You guys are the best.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stunning M40 SD Luftwaffe helmet!   Stunning M40 SD Luftwaffe helmet!  

Stunning M40 SD Luftwaffe helmet!   Stunning M40 SD Luftwaffe helmet!  

Stunning M40 SD Luftwaffe helmet!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Stunning M40 SD Luftwaffe helmet!
    P
    Many

It is a nice helmet... but i would not call it 'mint' - the decal and liner damage robs it of that status.
    Still a good catch
    Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Thanks Danmark, in person the helmet looks as close to mint as possible, but I'm sure there are ones in better condition out there. I appreciate your comment, you always post on my threads, you guys are awesome.

I actually dont like mint items. Some do but i like militaria that shows some use or "been there" qualities.
    Lucky we all have different tastes, eh?
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

That's actually what I meant to say. This helmet has minimal use, it has the been there look, but is in really great shape. It's as close to mint as I'm looking for taste wise, I could get one that looks unissued, but it wouldn't have the been there feel to it, kind of like they just found it in surplus.

MAP
    ?

This is a very nice combat worn lid in solid shape. But not mint by any standard. This is not saying that it is not a great lid.

That said, I love this look. Good score!

M
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Mint or not, a sharp looking lid that would stand out on display.

?

It will look great with your collection friend.

Lovely helmet!

?

Nice lid.... Great to see your still here as well !!
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast