Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Support Real steel suspension reduction

Article about: Hello everyone , I was just informed that David was suspended already in October. I just thought he was on holiday or something. I wrote to the administration to get him back on the forum. I

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    I did not want to post on this thread, but the above statement - from a moderator, no less - forces my hand.

So, if I bring a PM containing insults and threats to the administrator's attention, it is about my "ego and whining", did I get this right?
    Well if David was banned for a personal conversation I would say it's not the administration's duty to Judge a private conversation.
    That's why it is called private and secondly if someone is bothering you privately, you can block that person and also put that person on ignore so you do not have to read his posts on the forum.

That's my vision on the matter of private messages.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Support Real steel suspension reduction
    P
    Many

It wasn't a very wise thing to do, to start this thread about reinstating David before he has served his punishment. For all it has accomplished is to reopen old wounds and divide members into two camps, those that are totally against any abuse on forums, and those that find it acceptable. I find it very sad that anyone on here is willing to put up with internet bullying in any shape or form, it really can have a serious effect on some of its victims.

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    Well if David was banned for a personal conversation I would say it's not the administration's duty to Judge a private conversation.
    That's why it is called private and secondly if someone is bothering you privately, you can block that person and also put that person on ignore so you do not have to read his posts on the forum.

That's my vision on the matter of private messages.
    And what is your view on direct assaults? The private assault was a continuation of the direct assault. You might not be fully aware of all David did, because you tend to stick to your chosen interest of German helmets.

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    And what is your view on direct assaults? The private assault was a continuation of the direct assault. You might not be fully aware of all David did, because you tend to stick to your chosen interest of German helmets.
    Direct assault should of course be dealt with , he is suspended is he not ?
    But as I stated earlier , Ade is managing 10 forums and an argument that flares up needs moderation to avoid people assaulting each other. That's the function one has as a moderator. I have been a moderator / admin for several years , there are so many tools available just for that purpose. So if the argument was stifled early on there would not need to be a suspension and it would probably never have resulted in 2 opposing sides bickering till the point one of them needing suspension. 2 people in an argument can both be an asset to the forum. Losing one is a loss either way. Losing none is what can be achieved by moderation. On TV they take way the mike when a politician starts to become overbearing.

Direct assault should of course be dealt with , he is suspended is he not ?
    But as I stated earlier , Ade is managing 10 forums and an argument that flares up needs moderation to avoid people assaulting each other. That's the function one has as a moderator. I have been a moderator / admin for several years , there are so many tools available just for that purpose. So if the argument was stifled early on there would not need to be a suspension and it would probably never have resulted in 2 opposing sides bickering till the point one of them needing suspension. 2 people in an argument can both be an asset to the forum. Losing one is a loss either way. Losing none is what can be achieved by moderation. On TV they take way the mike when a politician starts to become overbearing.
    Schwerpunkt (sorry i don't know your real name), part of the problem regarding David is the fact his bad behaviour was dealt with by moderation pretty quickly, i feel most of the people defending him would view him in a different light if they had seen his actual posts.
    David was not having a "bad day" as a few people have said, his outbursts were happening time and time again, they were downright nasty and threatening.
    I have seen the private message he sent to Andreas and there were thinly veiled threats of violence.
    David certainly knows a lot about s steel helmets but i can't help feeling that the man has a borderline personality disorder.
    Other members have been banned for far less.

I will try to answer to a couple of your points Frank, regarding how the Mods and Admins (should) have dealt with this situation.

Don't get me wrong, I like David and enjoyed a few PMs between us.
    I would like to see him return, but, if every few months, he loses it and has to insult or denigrate another member, there is no place for him here.

It's not just a matter of what has been said , it is also a matter of moderation. In those situations moderators need to intervene and take away the soapbox BEFORE people explode and say things they may regret saying,
    A forum has plenty of tools to shut people up in heated discussions but you need to use them.
    You can close a topic before things get out of hand , you can put certain members on post preview which means mods can read the post before anyone else and need to approve it.
    So there are options to prevent long winded arguments from happening which in turn keeps everyone happy.
    I see Ade alone manages 10 forums which makes it hard to be present everywhere and intervene on time. Arguments always have a bad impact on forums hence the need for moderators.
    So, in response to this post, are you saying that we should be censoring posts by certain members, like the complaint you have posted on GHW2?
    I don't think that would go over very well here either.
    We can't be online all of the time, if someone posts insulting comments, they will be read by other members before any Mods or Admins are able to "censor" them, then what options do we have?
    I am not familiar with your suggested "put certain members on post preview", if you care to, please enlighten me via PM so that we might have that option in the future.
    This has nothing to do with how many forums Ade is an Admin or Mod on, but rather more about the membership having some respect for other members of the forum!

You must be the most amazing Mod/Admin of your own forum. Are you saying that there is no confrontations on your forum? Maybe that is why it is a private forum, by invite only?
    If you don't mind, please tell us why you stepped down from being a Mod/Admin on this forum, or on GHW2? Maybe it was due to the continual battle in trying to keep the peace?

Anyways,

David was asked (by me) a couple of times to act like an adult, and refrain from insulting and antagonistic posts. I normally do not share PMs but this is one of the first messages I sent to David, and his reply.

Quote by rbminis
    Hello David,

Your knowledge and participation on this forum is appreciated!

I need to inform you that, regardless of the situation, you are expected to conduct yourself according to the rules here.
    Personal attacks are not allowed, if you object to a post, report it. It will be dealt with by the Admin and Moderating team.

In regard to your comments directed at another member in this thread, to say the least, they were unacceptable.
    (One of your very own threads Frank)
    If I had seen your post right after you posted, I would have deleted it. Unfortunately, I did not see it until the "damage had been done".

Please assure me that it will not happen again, or you will be removed from the forum.

Regards,
    Ralph.

P.S. A copy of this message will be posted in the Moderators section, as well as a copy of your response."
    Quote by real steel
    Understood Ralph !!
    David
    Above all else, remember, David received a suspension, not a banning!

This is my only post on this thread, and hopefully, the last post on this thread.
    There has been plenty of time for all to post their opinions, this thread is closed.

If anybody wishes to carry this on, feel free to contact Ade, Richie, or any of the Moderating team.
    Thank you,
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6