Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tan Camo M40

Article about: At first I thought it was pretty convincing. After a closer look, it does look a bit contrived. My two cents. Cheers, Dean

?

Default Tan Camo M40

Hello gent's

Some opinions on this Tan M40 will be very much appreciated

I like it but it's always good to post These pics is what i got but should do the job.

Thank as always for your time.

Tan Camo M40

Tan Camo M40

Tan Camo M40

Tan Camo M40

Tan Camo M40

Tan Camo M40

Regards, Lars

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Tan Camo M40
    P
    Many

Default Re: Tan Camo M40

I like its patina Lars ( may even be a M35 - the paint may be disguising the edge of the rivet? )
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

I like the age to it too these are a minefield unless you know the background it may well be a M-35 but if it is a SE they always had kind of different raised vents see the M-40 Luft I have posted here. It is a SE made one I don't know it would require careful inspection often if they painted the inside rim you will have some paint on the sides of the band and liner I posted a good Luft cammo M-40 with paint runs down the side and the liner had paint on it. Don't know if any of this helps timothy

?

Thank you guys

Regards, Lars

I think with helmets like this, better photos are always needed, but from these, I personally would not feel comfortable pursuing this one.

There is something about the wear and age that seems 'forced'.. The paint seems to have been given a rusty wash, which has settled in some of the paint chips (as can be seen in the maker stamp image).

These are just some initial observations based on these photos, but I would wait for some other opinions..

Best of luck with it,
    Josh

?

Thank you for your opinion Josh

Regards, Lars

Quote by Datrus View Post
    Thank you for your opinion Josh

Regards, Lars
    You are most welcome

As I said, I would wait for a couple of camo collectors to check this one out, as I have all factory painted helmets in my collection (and one sawdust overpaint, but that's field grey so it doesn't count as a camo :P )

Good luck, Lars!

I like the outside look of it but the inside doesn't fit the wear and the damage on the paint. Is it possible to have an interior modern paintjob?

Hi Lars,just my opinion but I am not all that keen on this one either.There is heavy wear to the edges of the helmet as you would expect for a good combat worn example but the crown has very little wear to it at all from what I can see.I too am not comfortable with the look of that rusting,it is very even and does not look like it is natural, oh and i'm not even sure the "tan" is the correct shade,seems a bit washed out to me. All in all I would pass on this one. Leon.

?

Thanks a lot Leon. I agree the paint job looks a bit pale so to speak. I will ask the seller a few questions and see what comes up. I would also expect some wear on the inside rim and skirt. I think the outside does not look too bad.

Regards, Lars

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast