Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Tan Heer Helmet

Article about: Try a good trusted dealer, most of the time you'll waste looking on ebay but just look around on here and find some good dealers.

The helmet that caused a bidding war that ended at $2,000 Is relisted on Craigslist. Here is the post:

"This helmet was during the Hitler years
    Heer German army 1935-1945 the decals are fake and it was repainted the price is firm will not come down the numbers on the helmet are et64 and 1291 $150.00"

I bet he is disappointed. But, somebody else is very happy.

William

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

There are two ways to learn, from others' experience or your own experience. William, you did the intelligent thing posting it on here. Just imagine if you hadn't and decided to go for it. $2000 right down the drain. I also feel bad for the guy, hopefully he will learn from his mistake of not researching beforehand. This helmet is nothing short of a nightmare. It proves two main things about the bidders. First, they do not know enough about German helmets to notice an obviously spurious paint job and Norwegian dyed liner. Second, they don't understand current market value. Anytime you see a camo DD listed for $900 you should immediately go into skeptic mode. There are a jillion fake camos to every one original. With odds like that I don't know why people are so careless.

Quote by Sir Payne View Post
    There are two ways to learn, from others' experience or your own experience. William, you did the intelligent thing posting it on here. Just imagine if you hadn't and decided to go for it. $2000 right down the drain. I also feel bad for the guy, hopefully he will learn from his mistake of not researching beforehand. This helmet is nothing short of a nightmare. It proves two main things about the bidders. First, they do not know enough about German helmets to notice an obviously spurious paint job and Norwegian dyed liner. Second, they don't understand current market value. Anytime you see a camo DD listed for $900 you should immediately go into skeptic mode. There are a jillion fake camos to every one original. With odds like that I don't know why people are so careless.
    Thank you Sir Payne,

I believe that whoever bid $2000 reneged and did not purchase it. It is re-listed by the original owner. He now knows he has a fake. He has not written to me to apologize and thank me for stirring him to this forum. Bet he won't either.

William

?

They never do and he knew it was a fake when he listed it. Your giving the piece of crap far too much credit.

That right there is a spiced up Norweign helmet as the guys have already pointed out. I bet that one is one of the old 70 80 surplus and somebody painted it a awful color nothing like original paint should look and slapped a pair of army decals on it. Good example of what was done by some with these things as dad used to say "A fool and his money are soon departed" referring to who ever is bidding on this junk. Sorry to be negative but I have seen these no kidding a hundred times over the course of years. timothy

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123