Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thoughts: Camo M40 and DAK

Article about: Big favor to ask guys. Sure some of you might be looking at this one. Any thoughts. I don't have a camo and the dealer level price seems fair compared to others in this condition. I'm sure i

MAP
    ?

Default Thoughts: Camo M40 and DAK

Big favor to ask guys.

Sure some of you might be looking at this one. Any thoughts. I don't have a camo and the dealer level price seems fair compared to others in this condition.

I'm sure it is already long gone but I will snap it up if you all think it's a good one.

And yes, the pictures are small but if you double click they expand, this is all I can do.

Price for the camo is $1,700

there is also this Tan Camo (they call it DAK but not I would call it that myself). Any thoughts on this? Price is $1,800

Primarily concerned if the prices are nice for these helmets (I know they are dealer prices).

If anyone has one in their own collection they want to sell at better prices just let me know. I'm in the market...

Thanks

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Thoughts: Camo M40 and DAK
    P
    Many

?

Ken B digs a lot of good stuff out of the woodwork. Those prices seem to be towards the low end for dealer pricing.
    Regards,
    John

MAP
    ?

Quote by relicz View Post
    Ken B digs a lot of good stuff out of the woodwork. Those prices seem to be towards the low end for dealer pricing.
    Thanks John. The camo looked just too good for the price. It ain't cheap by any means but was hoping that it would be considered a good purchase.

would this be considered a Normandy as it is tri-color?

Michael

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Michael
    I don't like either to be perfectly honest I'd keep looking.

Regards
    Eric

MAP
    ?

Quote by Unterstand View Post
    Michael

Regards
    Eric
    Thanks Eric,

Anything in particular. This my first foray into Camo and DAK but something I want to add to my collection this year.

Michael

?

Quote by Unterstand View Post
    Michael

Regards
    Eric
    Perhaps you would care to elaborate Eric.

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Thanks John. The camo looked just too good for the price. It ain't cheap by any means but was hoping that it would be considered a good purchase.

would this be considered a Normandy as it is tri-color?

Michael
    I wouldn't consider the green one a "Normandy" pattern, those tend to be tan base, green and brick red overtop.

Hi, I personally am not keen on the first cammo, it may be ok but from these images I'm not convinced. There are one or two areas where I can see the cammo in earlier scratched areas. That said, this helmet could well have been in use for some time before the cammo was applied and in hand it may look fine. As Doug says, Normandy cammo's are tan based so this one is different in that respect also. For me there is something that just does sit comfortably with me on this one, I think an in hand would be in order to be sure.
    As for the Tan helmet, I quite like that one but again, better close up images would be good to see. Leon.

?

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi, I personally am not keen on the first cammo, it may be ok but from these images I'm not convinced. There are one or two areas where I can see the cammo in earlier scratched areas. That said, this helmet could well have been in use for some time before the cammo was applied and in hand it may look fine. As Doug says, Normandy cammo's are tan based so this one is different in that respect also. For me there is something that just does sit comfortably with me on this one, I think an in hand would be in order to be sure.
    As for the Tan helmet, I quite like that one but again, better close up images would be good to see. Leon.
    Leon that is a pretty good sign as far as I am concerned. These were painted in the field not in a factory. If it were factory paint then yes but camo paint you expect to be painted over worn and scratched areas of the helmet.

I like the tan camo helmet Michael. has a very well worn look to it. and I like the painted over decal. the misses got my xmass bonus last year. but if she hadn't of I would have snap that m40 up. ha ha.
    the only problem I have with the other field repainted helmet, is the liner band has two bends in it. buts that just my own opinion.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast