Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Thoughts on this German m16 helmet

Article about: Got off of eBay I won it for \\$67 and seller didn't know any history on it other that he bought it at a tag sale, it has a dark charcoal gray almost black sand finish and bullet hole, it's a

Default Thoughts on this German m16 helmet

Got off of eBay I won it for $67 and seller didn't know any history on it other that he bought it at a tag sale, it has a dark charcoal gray almost black sand finish and bullet hole, it's a bf64 so my guess its a trannie and the bullet hole you can see where it dented the back so my guess is a vet bring back Kia helmet? What your guys opinion on this

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Thoughts on this German m16 helmet
    P
    Many

Hi, hard to tell from these images, but I cannot see any paint loss on the inside edges to the bullet hole? That makes me think that it was re-painted after the hole was created, and that could just as easily have been made from someone taking a pot shot at it on a fence post, rather than a consequence of battle. Leon.

Hi Leon, I see what you saying, my iPhone doesn't take the best pics but anyways there is paint lost on the edge of bullet impact you can see the some of it, the half circle around the impact of hole I just need to get daylight pics of it, the paint has been on this helmet for a very long time and has a nice patina to it but could have been done post war, like I said no history on helmet it was bought at a tag sale and to me it could still be a trannie but we never know but for $67 I couldn't go wrong