Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

thoughts on m34

Article about: I purchased this m35 at the SOS 2 years ago and haven't thought much of it. However I've started to have some reservations about the helmet and was wondering if anyone here could help me out

?

Default thoughts on m34

I purchased this m34 at the SOS 2 years ago and haven't thought much of it. However I've started to have some reservations about the helmet and was wondering if anyone here could help me out.
    The helmet appears to be a size 55, and I can't find any lot numbers or other markings on the shell
    Any help is much appreciated!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture thoughts on m34   thoughts on m34  

thoughts on m34   thoughts on m34  

thoughts on m34   thoughts on m34  

Last edited by MAP; 07-07-2020 at 03:17 AM. Reason: correction of title M34, not M35

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement thoughts on m34
    P
    Many

The helmet itself is a M34 I’ve seen a couple of these I think people who where selling these type of helmets called them airfield security? But I do not know enough about these helmet types to give a accurate opinion wait for others opinions

?

Thanks for the correction, that was a mind blank on my part. And if I remember correctly the individual who was selling this at his table also refere to it as an airfield security helmet

It it was a Luftwaffe lid surely it would have a tricolour decal and not a Polizei/SS swastika?

?

Good observation Gunny, i'd never even really thought about that until now

?

So not a Lufty Feuerwehr helmet?

Or would that be the tri color instead of the swazi?

Semper Fi
    Phil

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    So not a Lufty Feuerwehr helmet?

Or would that be the tri color instead of the swazi?

Semper Fi
    Phil
    The ones I've seen described as Luftwaffe Feuerwehr have had the Tricolour Phil.

?

So what's your opinion on the helmet? Fake decals or perhaps some other group?

Dos
    ?

By far no expert on these, i dont even own any helmet. But to me the condition / state of the two decals are very different. The swastika is far more gone and pitted then the luftwaffe one. Maybe it's just the photo or because of the storage conditions..

Dos

I'm sorry, but in my opinion the decals are fake, and I suspect that is why they have been rubbed so vigorously. In addition, I have never seen a Luft Crash Crew with a Party shield on the right - every one I have ever seen has a tri color. My advice would be to try to get a refund. Jim G.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast