Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thoughts on this M35 DD Luftwaffe Helmet

Article about: Hey guys, I'm thinking about moving on this Luftwaffe Helmet. What are your thoughts on it? It has nice Decals, but the liner is pretty poor. Worth a shot or should I wait?

Default Thoughts on this M35 DD Luftwaffe Helmet

Hey guys,
    I'm thinking about moving on this Luftwaffe Helmet. What are your thoughts on it? It has nice Decals, but the liner is pretty poor. Worth a shot or should I wait?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Thoughts on this M35 DD Luftwaffe Helmet
    P
    Many

Hi , if the price is right this is a good looking helmet. As you say , nice decals , and I have seen much worse condition liners. Leon.

?

Looks to be a pretty decent helmet with good decals as well.

Regards, Lars

If you like it and the price is right, it's an honest lid. I'd expect it to be around $600.

4md
    ?

THE exterior is salty but I really like the look of it. It would display well. definitely worth a look at the right price

The liner looks as if it might have suffered from blood rot.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Honest looking lid and as the others have said at the right price well worth having!...

Can you see a date on the liner band? It is interesting to me that the liner band is a reinforced aluminum band, but the chin strap bales have the rounded corners like those on steel banded liners used from 1940 on. I would be interested to see if the band is dated 1940? Regarding the helmet over all, I like it, it is a salty, but very representative double decal Luft, and the decals are very well preserved. Nice one at the right price. Jim G.

Jim I think Werner Zahn made the reinforced alu band for a while after the rest went onto the steel, could account for the rounded bales.

I just found this where it is for sale, somebody got a decent price for a DD at $450.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast