Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

thoughts on my cheap german m40 helmet

Article about: Well picked this up for \\$55 but got advice first and most you guys said pass on it and I was going to since i only had the sellers pics, well it came in today and I am glad I bought it even

?

Quote by sargetom View Post
    .....but hey i guess I'm not in the elite ranks of collectors!!
    Why are you categorizing collectors who think it's a waste of money as "elite"?
    As a mod here says, it's the passion that counts. Most collectors who collect German helmets are passionate about them being real and untouched. That is all.

This is not a reproduction forum or the restoration section of the forum. I see no need to categorize those who collect real helmets as "elitist".

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!!
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!!
    Thank you Sir Larry! It's true, every word. Passion in history demands real history be presented as such. What was presented was not real history but what was traded for was!

It's not about being elitist. It's about being passionate for the history!! If that's elitist then I am guilty as charged.

Quote by DougB View Post
    That's how you do it, upgrade. Great moves, you turned that "thing" into something real and ahead in $. Great job and when you get the real thing you will have a real piece of history and be very proud of it.

Thanks Doug,I got a great trade for that shell and what I got was 3 bayonets to add to my collection, all of them German made and ww1 era, I seen a m35 around the $300 range that's nice but before I pull any trigger I post pics first to make sure everything is original

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234