Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thoughts on ND M42

Article about: Hi all, I am considering buying this late war ND M42 by hkp, I like the look of it overall and the price seems alright at 280€, what I am a little worried about is the fact that there used t

Default Thoughts on ND M42

Hi all, I am considering buying this late war ND M42 by hkp, I like the look of it overall and the price seems alright at 280€, what I am a little worried about is the fact that there used to be some sort of white stripe running across the middle of the helmet, never seen that before, not much left of it though, still would like your input, seller says it is for forward observers (vorgeschobene Beobachter) but a Google search didn't really yield results, so is it period done or post war?
    Any help regarding that and the helmet would be greatly appreciated, since I can only get small size photos from the site I also included a link to it, the pictures there are bigger.
    Wehrmacht Stahlhelm M42 in Bayern - Elsenfeld | eBay Kleinanzeigen
    Luis

- - ------- - -

More photos of the split pins
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Thoughts on ND M42   Thoughts on ND M42  

Thoughts on ND M42  
    Attached Images Attached Images Thoughts on ND M42  Thoughts on ND M42  Thoughts on ND M42  Thoughts on ND M42  Thoughts on ND M42  Thoughts on ND M42  Thoughts on ND M42  Thoughts on ND M42  Thoughts on ND M42 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Thoughts on ND M42
    P
    Many

PotatoDigger, I wonder if this helmet is one of many that were stacked one upon another after the war resulting in the “white stripe”?

Maybe, I have no idea hence I am asking you all.

?

Hey PotatoDigger, i found some helmet similar to yours (it's a M35) but also with that kind of stripe.
    Stahlhelm Heer M35 , ungereinigter Scheunenfund, 600,00 €

Hope it's ok to post links here maybe that will help you a little..

Tobi

the photos of the exterior are really too small to Judge the paint.

I like it ! Looks like a very late War helmet that was never decaled .

?

I think stacking helmets makes a ring or line mark around the outside of the dome not a stripe down the middle.
    Good luck if you decide to buy!

True Kateri. I couldn’t see the ring until now and assumed it was around the outside and not down the middle. What a strip down the middle could be I have no clue at all.

Thanks for your replies, all of you.
    Well, unfortunately the helmet was just sold to someone else, well maybe another time , I just got these 3 more pictures, but that'll be it.
    Luis
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Thoughts on ND M42   Thoughts on ND M42  

Thoughts on ND M42  

Something better will come along with patience!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast