Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Three DD M34 Luftwaffe Crash Crew Helmets - Early Gold Leaf Adler Decals

Article about: VERY NICE Chris! I love these. Congrat's, Jim G.

Default Three DD M34 Luftwaffe Crash Crew Helmets - Early Gold Leaf Adler Decals

These 3 DD M34 Luftwaffe Crash Crew helmets have the early (prototype?) gold leaf Luftwaffe Adler decals. All 3 shells originally had combs, which were removed. On 2, the holes from the attachment points of the combs have not been filled in. The one without the white stripe has a few interesting stamps on the dome pad of the liner. These are fairly good examples of the relatively rare crash crew helmets with these decals. Hope you like them. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Three DD M34 Luftwaffe Crash Crew Helmets  -   Early Gold Leaf Adler Decals   Three DD M34 Luftwaffe Crash Crew Helmets  -   Early Gold Leaf Adler Decals  

Three DD M34 Luftwaffe Crash Crew Helmets  -   Early Gold Leaf Adler Decals   Three DD M34 Luftwaffe Crash Crew Helmets  -   Early Gold Leaf Adler Decals  

Three DD M34 Luftwaffe Crash Crew Helmets  -   Early Gold Leaf Adler Decals   Three DD M34 Luftwaffe Crash Crew Helmets  -   Early Gold Leaf Adler Decals  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Three DD M34 Luftwaffe Crash Crew Helmets  -   Early Gold Leaf Adler Decals
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Three DD M34 Luftwaffe Crash Crew Helmets - Early Gold Leaf Adler Decals

I have never seen this type of Luftwaffe adler before , its none of the three recognised eagles, and i find it a bit strange that Luftwaffe ground crew would use a completely different eagle, helmets yes, but they were all Luftwaffe personnel, if this is right then i would say these three helmets are rarities and i would like to see a full version of these eagles

Default Re: Three DD M34 Luftwaffe Crash Crew Helmets - Early Gold Leaf Adler Decals

Dave, If you have the Baer book, check page 141, on which he shows a few crash crew helmets with standard luft decals. In a margin note he adds:

"Specimens of early helmets have been observed with gold leaf eagle decal (sic)"

These 3 are examples of those "early" helmets. I bought the first on about 15 years ago, the second about 10 years ago, and the last one about 2 years ago. They are rare, but do pop up from time to time, and these 3 are right as rain, having been vetted by Al Barrows in hand. Jim G.

They are amazing, thanks so much for showing Jim.

Jay

very nice group of helmets,you do not see them very often I think I only saw two for sell ever.

Chris

?

Im not doubting their authenticity Jim, in fact i really like them because they are so unusual, i just found it odd that a seperate eagle would be used, what with the first pattern eagles being so available at the time, because these are prototype decals i would like to see a full intact version, does the Baer Book show them or just mention them

Nice helmets Jim. 3 is indeed a magic number!

?

Very cool Jim, very cool!

?

A rare treat.
    Thanks so much for showing.
    SteveR

Hi all, There are 2 pages in the Baer books that deal with these helmets. The first 3 pictures are page 213 of Vol. III of the German language Baer treatise. That page has a picture of a prewar example with gold leaf decal and the comb still attached. The next 2 pictures are page 141 of the English language Baer book. These are the only reference materials that I have about these Luftwaffe Crash Crew helmets. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Three DD M34 Luftwaffe Crash Crew Helmets  -   Early Gold Leaf Adler Decals   Three DD M34 Luftwaffe Crash Crew Helmets  -   Early Gold Leaf Adler Decals  

Three DD M34 Luftwaffe Crash Crew Helmets  -   Early Gold Leaf Adler Decals  

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast