Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Three Peice Luftschutz Gladiator Helmet

Article about: So I went to my Grandparent's today and my Grandmother winked at me and let me "Borrow" one of my Greatgrandfather's GI Bring backs for my "History Project" Unfortunetly,

Default Three Peice Luftschutz Gladiator Helmet

So I went to my Grandparent's today and my Grandmother winked at me and let me "Borrow" one of my Greatgrandfather's GI Bring backs for my "History Project"

Unfortunetly, my digital camera is dead so I had to use my webcam to take pictures, sorry, when its done charging if you want I will put up more detailed ones.

He has much more stuff i will take photos of, INCLUDING Bayonets, and a PRISTINE P-38 Pistol with original Holster and matching seriels If im not mistaken

Here is the Helmet itself. It has been used for 60 years, my Grandfather says my GreatGrandfather brought back 3, where some of the others are we dont know.. yet. My Grandfather said it has been used to play "cowboys and Indians" with so there are scratches and such.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The fadeing Decal, it has a goldish on white set decal, you can make out the swastika and where it used to say "Luftschutz"

The side of the helmet:

The Original Liner:

A dent in the top:

IT was not visiable in the picture, but the stamp read:
    12-39/1
    (?)achsplreis
    Rm. 8-

I think it says Hachsplreis, im not sure though its a bit too faded.

Well there it is hope you enjoyed it.
    Attached Images Attached Images Three Peice Luftschutz Gladiator Helmet  Three Peice Luftschutz Gladiator Helmet  Three Peice Luftschutz Gladiator Helmet  Three Peice Luftschutz Gladiator Helmet 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Three Peice Luftschutz Gladiator Helmet
    P
    Many

?

Default re: Three Peice Luftschutz Gladiator Helmet

Good honest Luftschutz lad.
    It will be fun to see the rest of your Grandfathers stuff.

Well done

Here is a better condition decal from a helmet in my collection so that you will be able to read it. It refers to the maximum price that they were sold for, which was 8 Reichmarks.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Three Peice Luftschutz Gladiator Helmet  

Thanks Guys,

Adrian, do you know of any other stamp markings on the helmets? I would like to try and find if possible where this one was produced and where.

thanks,
    Ace

Default Re: Three Peice Luftschutz Gladiator Helmet

Hi Ace, in the pic I show are the usual markings stamped on these helmets. Sorry, but I do not know who made these helmets.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Ace, in the pic I show are the usual markings stamped on these helmets. Sorry, but I do not know who made these helmets.

Cheers, Ade.
    Hey Ade,

I did a littel "Google-ing" and I found a fourm where somebody Listed most if not, all of the Luftschutz Helmet manufactures and their codes.

If you are interested in finding more about yours:
    List of Luftschutz helmet manufacturers - German Helmet Walhalla

Mine was made by Bath & Wagara in Dresden, which is about 100miles (or about 150km) South of Berlin, and is about 60miles (or about 100km) South East of Leipzig.

Thanks that is useful info!

Cheers, Ade.

Great item with history,
    I never get sick of seeing those grandfather bring back's No matter what the condition they are of the most value to you so don't sell it whatever you do
    Tom
    Take what you can and leave nothing for the enemy!