Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Todt m42

Article about: A friend sent me these photos. The decal just doesn't look right. The wear seems manufactured and aged to me. I told him I thought it was a fake but couldn't be certain. thoughts are appreci

Default Todt m42

A friend sent me these photos. The decal just doesn't look right. The wear seems manufactured and aged to me. I told him I thought it was a fake but couldn't be certain. thoughts are appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Todt m42   Todt m42  

Todt m42   Todt m42  

Todt m42   Todt m42  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Todt m42
    P
    Many

Quote by Logictox View Post
    I told him I thought it was a fake
    I think you are correct

The font on the decal looks like Clarendon (below) which was a British typeface designed in the late 19th Century so would have been available in Germany during the war period but whether it was used by Org. Todt I would not know as I do not collect in this field.

Todt m42

History of Clarendon (typeface) - Wikipedia
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

I still have to see the first original Todt decal , been looking for over a decade now and saw some convincing examples but still not original.

?

I am with Frank.

?

Agree

Hello , I agree with you all , looks like a light "brushing" with the wire wool has taken place on this decal to me. The lot number suggests either NO decal or single decal HEER/LUFTWAFFE. That kind of covers most bases other than what you have here , so I would guess this was a no decal originally. Leon.

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    I still have to see the first original Todt decal , been looking for over a decade now and saw some convincing examples but still not original.
    Was there EVER an original decal?
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by DougB View Post
    I am with Frank.
    Ditto, Jim G.

The font is off a bit as suggested. Here's an example from Goodapple book ca. 1980's....indicating thick style. Unsure if that implies that thin is bad or if there was indeed another font used....?

Sorry for flash bounceback.