Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Too good to be true?

Article about: WWII original German combat Helmet M42. shell only | eBay https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/9GMAA...z2/s-l1600.jpg https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/dU4AA...zz/s-l1600.jpg https://i.ebayimg.com/im

[QUOTE=RustyRelics;2081760]I guess everyone a little peeved that I didn't ask before I bought. [QUOTE]

Not a bit of it mate. It's just really good advice unless you are 100% certain that you are buying a racing certainty!
    We all should be here to help each other as much as to benefit ourselves so that is why when you proclaim inexperience and limited knowledge that other members don't want to see you get burned.

You are one of us so if you take a hit most of us will be vicariously pissed off if we could have helped prevent it

It will be your turn to help others soon and it will be expected

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Too good to be true?
    P
    Many

Definitly interested on what you got, for that price I see a chance you really got what you wanted, I hope it for you! Post it when it arrives!

Quote by Adravor View Post
    Definitly interested on what you got, for that price I see a chance you really got what you wanted, I hope it for you! Post it when it arrives!
    It arrives Thursday. I nervously await its arrival now, lol!

If this is the helmet off eBay I think it is where it has a little bit of fake White camo left on it and had a fake decal that was removed with initials on the inside skirt I think it wasn’t a horrible purchase for what the final bid was stands a very good chance and would look good with the rest of the camo removed

Quote by Giants77 View Post
    If this is the helmet off eBay I think it is where it has a little bit of fake White camo left on it and had a fake decal that was removed with initials on the inside skirt I think it wasn’t a horrible purchase for what the final bid was stands a very good chance and would look good with the rest of the camo removed
    That's it! I didn't post any pics yet because it needs a thread of it's own, and color is off due to green shrubbery casting green everywhere.

If the 77 is legit, perhaps it came from the 77th Wehrmacht division? Just a guess.

?

Nobody's peeved, we're just trying to help a kid not get burned, since we've all felt the flames ourselves.

Patience comes with age...and getting burned...we're just trying to get you there with minimal pain

?

One quick word of advice: before you decide to buy something ask yourself: "Am I going to be happy with this in a year or two from now", and if the answer isn't yes, you should pass on buying it. Just a little suggestion.

One thing I have learned in collecting.. When I was younger I would "impulse buy" thinking that I would never get another chance to get an item,, so I would spend the money only to discover a few days or weeks later another of the same item would appear and in almost every case better than the original I bought but then I had already spent all my money so then I would have "buyers regret"....and I would beat myself up and keep saying over and over.. I should have waited, I should have waited....

I think this happens to all of us and as we grow a little older and focus more on what we collect and are prudent with funds those choices to purchase are wiser and after seeing your purchase up on a shelf you can reflect back without any regrets or remorse..

@ Rusty... Not saying this is the case with you young man...about impulse buying or buyers remorse... This was just knowledge passed down to me from some very respected and well known militaria collectors,, sadly some of those collectors are no longer with us, but they passed on a wealth of knowledge and wisdom which I hope to pass on to younger collectors like yourself... There weren't too many folks who would take the time 30 or 40 years ago to talk with a kid who would hang around their dealer table at a gun show or collectors show, most of time I was pushed out of the way by "the big boys" so to speak,, but I stuck around, listened and asked questions of those "in the know" Some shooed me away,,, but there were a few who took time to talk to me,, and they were trusted and reputable....Most of them would hand me an extra copy of a reference book they had on their table and told me, here kid, look through this,, its a start..

One of my first books from a gentleman whom I became very close to over the years who sadly recently passed was an old Manion's Military Auction Catalog... Now some will remember the catalogs full of German, US and Japanese militaria and many will remember Ron Manion and his business "The Fox Hole" and his books on Third Reich Tinnies and other things... I was just happy to get a free book and look through the pages.. (And Yes I know there were some items misidentified in the books) but that kind of gesture from someone was far beyond anything I would have expected.....

I still have that reference book and the others that were given to me.. I look through them and reflect back on how far I have come in the collecting arena...

Rusty,,, I hope that your purchase is everything that you wanted and that you enjoy what you have,, It will go down in your history as your "first" and either as a memorable experience or as a learning experience I hope that it works out..

Looking forward to seeing your new purchase..

Best regards and Happy Collecting

Smitty

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7